Why did mercy get the thai themed skin

A blizzard employee said the skin was in development before Lifeweaver was even concepted, so it’s not that they picked her over him, just unlucky timing ig

1 Like

because mercy mains are the biggest money cow in the game.

put a trash skin for mercy and they would still buy it

2 Likes

yeah i know but even then she doesnt need like 5 asian themed skins when asian chars get nothing its just getting on my nerves a little but

I think it’s just cause she’s probably one of the easiest heroes to design for. Simple silhouette and without much for additional details outside wings.

This LNY skin was conceptualized even before LW was even in the works-so there’s that too.

Also so far she’s the only LNY skin we’ve seen. Unless they leaked that there was only one LNY skin I think people are being ridiculously overdramatic about this.

1 Like

Even then… why is it for mercy idk… i get the inspo, but they still could have given it to Sym or something.

Mercy was voted the most popular in some Thailand popularity poll according to some people, the same reason Genji got the Divine Monkey skin supposedly.

1 Like

The inspiration for the skin is a half bird creature…Mercy is heavily associated with bird iconography/aesthetics…it fits Mercy just fine lol

2 Likes

That would make sense considering an OW team artist said on Twitter that this Mercy skin was developed the same time as Genji’s Divine Monkey years ago

4 Likes

Mercy is an attractive female, Lifeweaver is not, and Blizz knows who their audience is.

Kiriko, DVa, Mercy, Widow = let’s draw up sexy skins
Sojourn, Sym, Pharah, Zarya = let’s dress them up like brutes

This has less to do with each of our own personal preferences, and more about what sells en masse. The petite girls sell in the East and the sexy women sell in the West. The kpop event should be testament to, not what Blizz wants, but what Blizz has found is selling. Even if they disagree, they have an F2P business to run and they will follow the money.

There are a lot of Mercy players and people who play Mercy tend to be crazy about skins.

For some reason…

Isn’t there Seolbim as well? This would be her fourth.

Hey now, Rime Sombra is good. The haircut looks good on her.

His lackluster launch probably tainted him forever in the eyes of the suits, so they’re probably just thinking “Yeah, he’s not profitable, just give him an epic for Halloween and call it a night. Let’s make four more Kiriko skins”. I say this as someone who mains Kiriko. They could’ve given him a venus flytrap skin or something like that for this season, it’d fit right in.

1 Like

None of this has anything to do with what I said.

In some cultures, kinnaris guard the Tree of Life. I already said I understood why they made the association to Mercy. They still should have scrapped it.

Nah, they shouldn’t have scrapped artists’ hard and beautiful work at all. I am excited for the skin!

1 Like

Honestly I’m so disappointed Lifeweaver didn’t get this skin. Seems like such a slap in the face to give this to a white female character when LW would have slayed in this. Thanks a lot Blizz

1 Like

Even the skin designer said it, LW didn’t exist at the time.

Enjoy.

That is the reality, LW did not exist when they were designing the skin, how are they going to create it if IT DOESN’T EXIST?.