Why did i rank up to gold 1 from gold 3 when i was plat 3?

I was plat 3 Support. I know this because it’s my season high (also career high) and was extremely proud of it. However, after winning 7 games, i ranked up from gold 3 to gold 1 when i was plat 3 already!? What even happened, i didn’t rank down, unless it’s a visual bug- i don’t know. But i want to know what happened

6 Likes

Hey I’m having a similar issue. My rank dropped from Silver 5 to Bronze 5 in the background at some point, without any kind of notification or rank-change screen. I had gotten promoted to Silver 5 after my previous group of 7 wins, and after my next 7, the promotion screen showed me getting promoted from Bronze 5 to Bronze 3.

Someone else with a similar issue too

3 Likes

I’m wondering if this is tied to reaching a cumulative 20 losses after getting multiple win updates? I know I’ve passed 20 total losses on support but never got a rank update screen for it, yet we have some weirdness surfacing with ability to queue together in my friend group.

2 Likes

This literally just happened to me. Every 7 wins, it puts me to bronze 5 regardless of what I’m actually at, and levels me up from there.

1 Like

Ive never lost 20 before winning 7, but i might have just reached my 20th loss in total. Maybe that updated it, but it didn’t tell me. I hope a blizzard employee sees this so they can tell us what’s happening

1 Like

They were never clear on if the 20 losses had to be cumulative or before you get a 7-win rank update. It would be pretty lame if the reverse were true (e.g. someone goes 6-20 and then has to start over on wins). So my thinking was both are cumulative and tracked separately.

1 Like

this just happened to me as well, was ranked Silver 3, then after my next set of 7 wins my screen showed me transitioning from Bronze 5 to Bronze 1. What is even happening. I have played hundreds of games now, almost completed the full battlepass. How did i go from Silver 3 to Bronze 5 to Bronze 1 in one set of 7 wins.

1 Like

That can’t be because my win rate is around a little over 50%, 101 wins, 95 losses, and i’ve never seen this before. Sure my rank might go down but it always goes down from where it once was, never given a NEW rank then ranked up from there. Not to mention the stat tracking for Open Queue is completely non-existent. Somehow most of my open queue stats are feeding into the role queue stats, some not at all. I have probably 20 hours on phara in open queue but it shows me have played her for 1hr. This game man sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

2 Likes

Same thing just happened to me.
I won my last game for my rank adjustment in Plat 4 and then they want to tell me that i just got from Gold 4 to Gold 1?

1 Like

ok, so this is possible:

You were Plat 4, you deranked to Gold 1. Thats 2 ranks, the system, cuz its OW2 and everything is broken, doesn’t show the derank process from P4 down to G1, so instead its chooses a low arbitrary rank, in your Gold 4, then “promotes” you to Gold 1.

Instead of u deranking from plat 4 to gold 1, you are elevated from gold 4 to gold 1. This might be whats happening

1 Like

That’s what I thought too, but I still don’t understand how it comes about that I’m being shown that I was just Gold 4.
But anyway let’s see how the next rank adjustment will be.

1 Like

Ooh an actual thread about this issue. Unfortunatley it seems to be a bit dead but I will try and revive it, I have managed to find a bunch of people who are all having the same issue over this month in this forum and a reddit post here. (should be able to view my profile) I am not sure how to contact the OW team more directly about this because this seems to be happening to a sizeable amount of people

1 Like

Unfortunately it is still happening. Just happened on my Tank, won 5 before I lost 15 or whatever, and went from Plat 3 to Gold 3 to Gold 1.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.