Why did i dc out of a comp game to log back in again and remake into a new comp game

Hello Blizzard,

I just had a comp match where i dc’ed mid game only to log back in and join up into another comp game. I lost somewhere along the lines of 48 sr for both games. I have no idea why this can happen and i want you to figure it out. Unless i find somewhere in the patch notes of a future patch that you bug fixed this i won’t touch a single game of comp overwatch again. I am seriously thinking about uninstalling at this point too. I don’t climb +/- 600 sr in a season to get dc’ed out of comp matches and lose it all because the game isn’t properly coded. I want me and my team mates to be compensated in sr for the game we lost due to this as well. BTW your ticket system is a mess and i can’t open one to safe my life so i would highly apreciated if i get contacted by customer support on this…

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided.

so basically im just getting blamed for the faults in your client, it literally gave me a client error. and on top of that i re-log and i don’t even connect back into the same game with my other 5 friends, this is absolutely maddening. I won’t touch competitive game modes in this game again if this is the way Blizzard handles things. And i know for the fact it’s not my internet i listen to music in the background when i play and the music didn’t stop AT ALL. Also why is it so hard to open a ticket with you guys. Why do i have to sift trough a million files to give you the info you need without knowing how to get to them. I am not tech savvy i just want to play the game without ridiculous interruptions that are completely out of my hand “adds insult to injury” is an understatement. This legit hurt my motivation to play this game any longer.

But that does not mean there is configuration issues that affect specifically your connection to Overwatch. The Overwatch game server and your music provider is not on the same IP address after all. That being said, if you do confirm you have completed the troubleshooting I have linked, the next step is investigating your connection route to the game server by running a WinMTR test. This is a technically complicated process so if you are not comfortable try to see if you have a friend or family member who can help.

WinMTR instructions:

WinMTR instructions:

1. Download WinMTR from Download WinMTR-v092.zip (WinMTR) (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:

• US West - 24.105.30.129
  • US Central - 24.105.62.129
  • Brazil - 54.207.107.12
  • Europe - 185.60.114.159
  • Europe - 185.60.112.157
  • Korea - 211.234.110.1
  • Taiwan - 203.66.81.98

I never had issues with my game and this is completely unrelated to the issue i had, i have a stable connection to the server at all times i have been playing blizzard games for damn near 14 years. on top of that it gave me a client interrupt something error and sent me back to the log in screen then immediately reconnected me into a different comp game.

Like i don’t see how this is even closely related to my connection relative to the server and even if it was i should always be able to reconnect back into the game i was in. I have played overwatch with internet issues in the past a few times and i know what an internet dc looks like, this wasn’t that but i see we are not getting further with this. Just fix the thing that caused this for me so you won’t lose any other players cause i am honestly done. I put hard work and dedication into this game to come to where i am at and this completely killed my experience, better luck next season maybe but i probably won’t even play that either the way im feeling about it now. Thanks for not being able to help me resolve my issues at all, i guess Blizzard really doesn’t care anymore.

P.S i just noticed my entire friend list is gone out of my client i took a screenshot to support this…