Why did God of War win GOTY

I think it’s a little slower just because it’s setting up the exposition. It’s a nice introduction that left me wanting more. But the next few games? Ugh… I’m excited. We dealt with the lesser gods in game one.

But Thor, freya, Odin and ragnorak are gonna be big scale events that I can’t wait for

The price of peanut butter in Numbani is unusually high…

1 Like

Just sold my copy today lol. It’s just not my thing to tedious and time consuming.

Cause GOW is awesome

Because God of War is a great game that shows what a game can be when hard work and effort are put to work for years on end. Then deliver the satisfaction to the customer showing it’s the peak product of that year…BOI

3 Likes

GoW 2 and 3 completely reverted the character growth Kratos achieved at the end of GoW 1 to turn him into a hypermasculine caricature for the sake of violence and brutality. Eg, Pandora would be a perfect character to make him remember his family and deal with her in a more humane way. Instead, we see him treat her as a literal bargain coin to push further his path to vengeance against Zeus. A path Athena herself told him to not follow.

The new game bring back that growth, as if its a direct sequel from the original, as an alternate universe. There is little to no mention about GoW 2-3 events in the new game, and I think that was a good thing. The gameplay is also top notch, and the cinematography of the cutscenes is great as well.

Well deserved win.

1 Like

You must be happy it’s not Fortnite

Red Dead Redemption allows controversial behavior such as shooting feminists. There’s no way in hell the GOTY committee is touching that with a ten-foot pole.

2 Likes

Yeh. Between Red Dead and God of War I’m happy God of War got it. The story moved me as Kratos started to grow like a father while his son battles…in a way…himself.

Great game, and great story. And the art design was very nice

1 Like

Because the judges actually liked Mass Rez and having it taken away was enough to force a Loss. :stuck_out_tongue:

Amazing graphics.
Great Acting.
Killer-Story.
Solid Combat (You could feel the hits).
Excellent sound and music.
Exploration, Crafting, and Collectibles.

It was very enjoyable.

6 Likes

They show Pandora and Kratos killing Zeus in those flashback thingies, though?

Honestly GOW or RDR2 would have deserved it pretty equally. I would only have come away upset if one of them didn’t win tbh

Because it has…

And…

1 Like

I’m so glad Fortnite wasn’t even a nominee (cough Golden Joystick awards).

At least fortnite didn’t win

1 Like
1 Like

There are several factors why. It was one of the first “true” gaming experiences that had been released during the infamous gaming drought.

It brought back the idea of a single player campaign experience and rebooted a classic triple A hit title.

It ignited a new series and set the bar for quality games for the rest of the year. Some could argue that the success of Gos of War even placed the bar of what investors and developers should be looking at for their games.

It became a leader in the year 2018 and everyone wanted Gos of War under their belts.

It’s not just because that it’a a great game. It’s release timing the standards it set and the way it reminded players and companies alike that video games can be amazingly fun exciting and entertaining.

2 Likes

Ragnarök as it is in Swedish, is the end times.

Because GoW gave you your money’s worth if not more. Rdr2 while good on a technical level, the repetitive nature of sitting through some of those hunting animations get tiring.

Also the online mode is devoid of fun due to the heavy grinding