Why did God of War win GOTY

Because it’s a really good game. Honestly leagues better than the other ones on the list.

That game is overrated trash :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I mean, Blizzard has been so hellbent on trying to toss Overwatch into the E-Sport scene it was kinda to be expected.

1 Like

I don’t own god of war but even i think it’s well deserved.

Cause it is a bloody amazing game.
And also

9 Likes

The new god of war ? Horribly overrated game, especially if you compare it to GoW 1 2 and 3.

1 Like

I thought Fortnite won?

Not that I’m happy about it :unamused:

No sensible human being can actually possess that opinion.

So you’re either a cyborg or just being pretentious.

5 Likes

Bought it on launch. Made it to chapter 4 and got tired of shaving my beard in game and on my own face every morning. Got tired of sleeping at camp and then saving and going to bed myself. Got tired of everything being a drag to pad out the run time. Got tired of the best camp upgrade being a rowboat. So I stopped playing in chapter 4. Online came out and I realized the slog and grind that was ahead of me for even the most basic upgrades and how absolutely perfectly convenient it would be to buy those gold bars and skip it all. So I skipped that dumpsterfire of a game and sold it to gamestop for $26 and dont regret selling that pay 2 win trash. Its not pretentious. I’m just not a moron. Brb gonna go play live action rdr2 and shave before work.

6 Likes

Though I would have understood why RD2 would have gotten it, I also understand why it didn’t. The beginning is way too slow and it takes way to long for the story to pick up, plus the game ends up being almost all horse riding simulation with the general gunfight every now and then. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the game immensely and think it’s a gorgeous game, plus when they fix online it’ll be even better, but it’s got its flaws.

3 Likes

Just an opinion, my two cents…
Rdr2 is a great game, pretty fun, lot of details and content. It was a serious and good contender. As playable is amazing and looks awesome. Could have been a good game for real and had several awards praising the work done with it.

But God of war was a change, was a sudden change of a saga almost exhausted, with an artistic direction amazing, great graphics as well, fun as hell and also told a story. It added a lot more to the scene in narrative terms than rdr2 did. For me again.

Both games were great, celeste was a great game as well. But Im happy to see a game winning a prize when it offers not only a story well driven but also development of the characters in it. For me had more depth than others in this category.

6 Likes

Roger Clark deserved it as much as Yuri. Both men did phenomenal jobs bringing their characters to life.

Red Dead got like 6 awards thruout the show, I was gonna roll my eyes if it got goty and stole the whole show, like we know it’s amazing, let some other games share the spotlight!

RDR2 came out too late. People haven’t absorbed enough cowboy life yet.

1 Like

Goty…
Looks at overwatch launch date…
Wat?

4 Likes

And this is bad somehow? :confused:

You really need to get your hands on a copy of it.

I’m not saying it’s bad, it’s just not something everyone enjoys.

2 Likes

Because it’s amazing with fantastic story, gameplay, and cinematography with replay-ability.

Overwatch has a load of issues. Actual game was neglected due to overwatch league (even admitted by Jeff). Lore is in a standstill (first omnic crisis averted… I think… so what’s happening now? What is Winston specifically looking to intervene in with recall? Why is Sym, Lucio even playable? Etc…), constant waves of bugs, no new gameplay modes all year even tho junkenstein could’ve been expanded on with character skins and eichenwalde map skins already in game, and levels of toxicity so high it constantly makes it to the front page of reddit as various memes.

I love overwatch, but 2018 was not kind to it. 2017 was its year.

God of war was amazing tho :weary: loved it so much. RDR2 is next on my list

Because if it didn’t Kratos said he will come down to Earth and lay waste to every Mortal that voted against him.