Why can't we get a global healing nerf?

The nerfed all ult charge before. There was a global change to “tankiness” with the armor changes back in goats which was then reverted. There was a nerf to many shields for tanks. So for the benefit of the many heroes who cannot compete with one-shots, why can’t we do a global nerf to healing? So some of these heroes have a chance to compete with the like of widow/hanzo/doom etc…

5 Likes

Okay, but you need to nerf the absurd amount of damage in this game.

100 Likes

because that is taking a sledge hammer to a tiny nail

4 Likes

Some healers need to be tuned down, sure, but not all of them

9 Likes

For who? And It hasn’t amounted to much if they still can’t compete with one-shot heroes.

1 Like

Mercy cries in the corner for getting ANOTHER ONE

16 Likes

why would you even nerf healing, when you can nerf the absurd amount of damage?

21 Likes

how would that help? I’m trying to nerf healing so the only viable heroes aren’t widow/hanzo

then nerf hanzo and widow ffs

36 Likes

What about the healers then?

1 Like

healers were still valuable before they had a mini transcendence in their pocket. They’ll still be valuable because they have way more tools than they used too.

Support heroes already have less impact on the outcome of a game compared to damage heroes. They’re already incapable of out-healing sustained damage from a single damage role hero, and rely on their teammates to take cover to give them time to heal.

Healing output is not the problem. It can be overcome easily with good aim. Tanking abilities that allow players to block or soak damage are far stronger, because you can’t headshot a barrier. If you want less sustain in the game, it’s the tank heroes that need to be taken down another notch.

12 Likes

But shields were already nerfed and there’s still zero reason to pick a S76, tracer, etc. Maybe you can pick a mccree if you like him, but there’s no reason to pick him over a widow or hanzo. These heroes are little better but far from noticeable.

then nerf widow or hanzo but not healing, all that will do if you nerf healing is make widow and hanzo better!

25 Likes

Soldier has a solid base kit that’s more than capable of securing kills through healing with headshots or helix rockets. The only reason Solider is a bit behind is because his ult sucks, and one of the main reasons why it sucks is because you can just shove a shield in front of him and he’s useless.

Likewise, McCree’s lack of mobility makes him easy to counter with shields. Though his DPS has received an enormous buff since game launch, it still doesn’t count for much when he has to shoot at barriers all game long. He doesn’t have the speed to get around them effectively.

The only barrier tank who’s mechanically balanced is Reinhardt because he can’t attack and block at the same time. We need more of that, and less of Sigma, Orisa and buffed Winston shields.

4 Likes

Because the amount of healing in the game isn’t the problem.

There’s a damage power-creep, not a healing one.

21 Likes

You know, I always find this funny. I’m not saying that healing isn’t an issue, but it seems that a lot of DPS players want Tanks and Supports nerfed into the ground. Then, they are surprised by long Q times, when they get their wish.

Like, tell me: what players are going to want to Tank and Heal for DPS players, in that world? As it stands, this game needs people on all 3 roles to function. So, if you nerf two roles to the point that no one wants to play said roles, the DPS players aren’t going to be getting any matches, either.

Look, I get it. As a DPS player, you want to kill stuff. And, that’s super fun. I love doing that too (I play all 3 roles, myself, including Damage). But, this isn’t CoD, man. You need to realize that there are 8 other people in that match that want to enjoy themselves too. That want to actually play and not die/have their teammates die, the second a Damage Hero looks in their direction.

In short, it’s complicated. It’s hard balancing all three roles in a way where everyone feels happy and satisfied with what they can do, their teammates can do, and the enemy team can do

23 Likes

The entire game has been power crept and nerfs/stat tuning across the board would be entirely fair, but singling out healing only? That’ll solve nothing and only worsen queue times and burst will continue on its reign.

5 Likes

That’s not the way it works.

In games, a high-alpha attack is a highly coveted ability. You need only hit once to critically injure or outright kill an enemy. Strategically speaking, it’s the most powerful thing in a game. You only have to expose yourself for a fraction of a second to completely remove an enemy player from the battle. It minimizes risk and maximizes reward. That is going to be true no matter how much healing is or isn’t in the game.

Why on Earth would anyone suddenly start picking lower-damage “sustain” heroes when they can one-shot players reliably? You blame healing for it, but healing doesn’t matter in this equation. If you have the ability to reliably one-shot an enemy, you’ll do it. Not one person ever said to themselves, “Well, the enemy team is lacking healers, so Imma switch to the character equipped with a nerf gun and just pummel these guys to death 1 hp at a time”. Even if you could do it, even if you could win doing it, the work and time invested into doing so would be ridiculous.

This is why such things need to be rare, hard to use, and harder to pull off correctly.

20 Likes

Exactly.

with the tanks changes, it seems like that they’re trying to shift the game into a different direction. And, that’s fine. Honestly, support and damage probably need a similar treatment.

But, for (DPS) people to come onto the forums and say that supports and/or tanks just needs straight-up nerfs, is insane. If the developers do that, no one is going to want to play those roles, at all. And, that’s going to affect DPS Q times, even more.

Honestly, the key is to try and get this game in a state where all three roles feel good to play on, play with, and play against. Only then, will things like Q time start to go down and will people start backing off of the “This Hero/Role is OP” threads.

I know stuff like that will never fully stop, but there are ways to make this better for everyone. But, just straight up nerfing an entire role into the ground won’t do that.

2 Likes