Why cant i choose my region to play in even ow2

I keep getting put into different regions randomly when playing ow2 it’s very very frustrating that in a modern game Blizzard obfuscates server selection. I sometimes I get EU or NA East Coast or NA West coast. When I play with friends from different regions the server choice is RANDOM. Why can’t Blizzard trust players to choose where they want to play … it’s bizarre that you obfuscate a choice that is central to quality of the game.

If this happens in OW2 Comp I’m going to quit the game, it’s hard enough as it is without having to deal with crippling lag because no reason…

1 Like

You used to be able to on OW1, they removed that feauture June 2021, despite still being able to select your region for OW1 on the bnet launcher, it will still force you into the local region you’re in, no matter what.

They have ignored the situation for a long time now, they claimed to have been “monitoring” it but, they never responded after that.

Which never happened, they just ignored the thread until it died

1 Like

My guess because it’s a beta. Since only limited players are allowed to play and due to that they are small selection servers.

I hope they allow people to choose their region soon. It should show the ping you’re likely to get so you can make an informed decision especially when in a group with players from different regions.