Why can't genji be nerfed?

I cant play shooters worth nothing with a controller.

Thats a awareness, reaction speed, and possitioning problem. As McCree its your job to flash bang the genji so he can either be sleeped or deleted by team fire.

Well Iā€™ve put in many hours on both platforms, and have done well with the maximum sensitivity on console.

Console Overwatch is slower paced, yes. But the overall idea of how Genji should be played remains the same.

Iā€™d just like to question how you think Genji is overtuned.

In my eyes, he sacrifices damage in his base kit for more mobility and a stronger ultimate, a trade-off to which some of the characters added do not seem to make (like Ashe, who has good abilities, a good gun, decent mobility and a decent ultimate).

Sure he has a lot of abilities in his base kit, but considering that other characters outpace him in damage greatly outside of his ult, I think itā€™s fair. He has a lot of decent abilities vs a few good abilities as Iā€™ve previously mentioned, which is also a decent trade-off.

I was Mei coming out of my Iceblock, instantly deleted.

No irony in my case at all.

This is just not true, Genji had a significant damage nerf to his shurikens too, as well as a swift strike nerf.

What bothers me about people like you and the OP is that you write multiple paragraphs on something that can be disproved in 5 minutes by a google search, but you donā€™t bother to actually look it up because it may not fit in with your view on hero balance.

Itā€™s all well and good talking about how Genji is unfair because of subjective feelings about balance and play, but when you start trying to use arguments that are demonstrably false thatā€™s when youā€™re going too far.

1 Like

Never where I see the day where people are still complaining about Genji with Moira and Briggite and goats.

First of all, being a fanfav hero doesnā€™t protect you from being nerfed, ask D.Va and Mercy mains.

Mercy, D.Va and Genji are probably the top 3 most popular heroes, they have all been nerfed, but the post-nerf reaction from Genji mains was the mildest of the three, and the shortest. And while D.Va and Mercy cried (in Mercyā€™s case, still cry) very hard, Blizzard has not given in to their demand. As a matter of fact Blizzard pretty much said Mercy will never go back to what she was.

But the irony, the one that you donā€™t see, is the endless crying of Genji ā€œop.ā€ Blizzard already knew how Genji fans would react, that is, very mild compared to D.Va/Mercy mains. Blizzard also sees how this (and only this) community reacts to not nerfing Genji, that is, endless ā€œhue and cry of that contingent.ā€ Given that, you would think Blizzard would just nerf Genji to stop the whining and just take the mild reaction from Genji mains, but they donā€™t do that. Sounds to me like they donā€™t give a damn to the incessant whining based on delusion, whether thatā€™s Genji being op or Mercy 1.0 being healthy for the game.

1 Like

8 second dragon blade
triple jump
HELLO were you not paying attention?

Nah doom got nerfed for his crazy cc locking. Genji has no cc just burst damage.

2 Likes

Genji doesnā€™t need nerfs, he is VERY hard to play. Look at him for a second, not only do you need game sense but also your choice making decisions have to be light speed and you have to land your shurikens or you cant build ult. Every other damage hero is, in my opinion, a lot simpler and if they are a flanker like genji, they so much more escapes therefore able to dive deeper. Genjiā€™s that absolutely massacre your team probably put in hundreds to thousands of hours in him, if you donā€™t agree, try him. Go into ranked and pick him, I assure you you will feel useless. Diving in at the right time getting out when you dive and getting absolutely DESTROYED when using your ult. Other heroes are so easier to improve on because it is easier to see your mistakes.