Why blizzard refuses to fix mystery heroes?

For me personally, I enjoy playing all the different characters without the pressure (I put on myself I know) to have a good comp. BUT I also want people to play good strategy (The basics for a team game) and for ME it would be great to have a soft comp enforced. Really I want to play QP but to cycle through all of the heroes because I enjoy them all and I like to know them all.

I also understand that not everyone likes that so I would propose having two flavours of the mode. Either run them both at once or switching between the two. That way everyone can win. Not so bad is it?

Explain why when none of the enemy team died I got switched to Genji against a team of Winstonx2 Reinhardt Symmetra Brigittex2, who am I supposed to be countering in that comp? Reinhardt?

somehow for the past 2 days almost every other character i get is doomfist. hard for me to believe it is totally random. i think you get the players you play the least. my next most played hero in mystery is sym

Why dont you just play Quick play or a mode that lets you choose your most played heroes?

Quick fix for your frustration.

1 Like

Everyone keeps telling me that Mystery Heroes isn’t about skill and is all about luck. I would argue that the bigger deciding factors in Mystery Heroes is adapting to the ever-changing situation, and identifying the most dangerous enemy target.

If the game gives my Winston (who I am garbage at) I need to figure out a good way to use him. Maybe I just fire myself at the point and drop a bubble because it will be a hilarious distraction to help my team, and because I know the next thing I get might be something I can use better. Maybe I stick around my team and use those bubbles to form an actual charge the way that I probably should be doing. Maybe I take note that the enemy Widowmaker is taking out my team so I throw myself at her and we both murder each-other to respawn as something else.

If the enemy team has a Zarya who is totally wrecking everyone on our team and really putting the hurt on us, maybe I’m able to organize my teammates enough that we just focus that person so they don’t get to be Zarya anymore. They have a Symmetra who put up a shield generator? Well maybe my team can’t get a proper charge organized, but if we can get a couple of people to gang up on that Symmetra, that shield goes down and we have a better chance.

There are strategies that can be employed in Mystery Heroes that can change the tide. Sometimes the matchmaker plays a deciding factor in who wins and who loses, but I would much rather be playing Mystery Heroes, where it was the matchmaker that picked the team comp that screwed me, than playing QuickPlay where it was the other human beings who were supposed to be on my team that did it.

its a fun game mode that just needs a little work. there is no reason for unbalanced teams

Then they have to rename it to Predictable Heroes instead of Mystery Heroes.

1 Like

Depends on how you intend to “Balance” these teams.

Are you planning on removing the hero-stacking, so that some troll on my team can get a hero that we need in order to win and then use the “sit” emote in the spawn so that we never get that hero? So that someone on my team can do some math and tell me when I need to rush in and die because I’m “taking up the genji slot” and they are “much better at genji”?

Are you planning on introducing some sort of “Forced Role” system? I firmly believe that forced roles is a garbage idea for ANY Overwatch mode, but especially so in Mystery Heroes. What it means in MH is that I’m probably going to be in the same role for most of the game instead of the randomizer swapping me from thing to thing at random because it needs to have a space in whatever Role Model we are giving it for me to fill. That means instead of me playing “Mystery Heroes”, I’m playing “Mystery Support Character” as I get murdered off-cycle with the rest of my team, and because my team still needs a healer I get respawned as it and killed off cycle again, which is not why I play Mystery Heroes.

If they’d give out loot boxes for winning 9 games, people would. Instead we play this trash mode.

How about instead of adding logic to the picks in this mode why not allow us to just keep our ultimate percentage even if we die? the big problem is getting one stacked comp vs the other. having the ability to retain our ultimate percentage can drastically change the game from an impossible stomp due to comp to “i just got a diva with my ult already charged! we can wipe the enemy team and try for a reset”

Yeah no. Mystery Heroes is complete bs. I get the premise but considering the match I just finished playing started the attacking team off with 2 bastions, a rein, an orisa and 2 Brigitte’s and it could only give us one zen and a Hammond, it could use some fixing. I’ve even played against a bastion and 3 Winston’s all alternating shields on the payload when it won’t give us a single healer but it thinks we need 2-4 snipers. It’s not about the mystery aspect. It could still be mystery with giving it a only one of each hero fix. If it’s “supposed to make you play heroes you don’t usually play” then that’d make since if The comp was like Qp and there was only one of each. But throwing me in as widow against 2 Winston’s and 2 dva’s doesn’t make sense. I wouldn’t mind playing widow if it was near impossible. It needs fixed.

You’re an idiot, random number between 1 and 50 is still random with parameters.

Well something needs to change about this mode because I do enjoy it but it’s one of the only modes where you can just know you have no chance of winning. You sit there dying as they have Two Bastion and a Rein on payload and you’ve got no heals or tanks.

You are encouraged to die to get better heroes. I just had a game where they had 3 Mei and we had no burst damage. Never got a good tank so we simply could not do enough damage.

i would, at the very least, like for them to change it to where you dont come back as the same hero you just died as, excluding self killing of course.
it is just feels like a real kick in the teeth when you put alot of effort into taking out one of those annoying characters like a dva, brig, or mei for them to just still be that same character after respawning.

What do you propose to be fixed here?

Exactly, there are some work arounds that they just aren’t exploring.

So you go from Bastion to McCree but you still have 80% ult built up. That is a significant improvement from you went from Bastion with 80% ult to McCree with 0% ult built up. I’d even be happy if I came out of Bastion dying at 80% with a McCree coming into the game at 40%.

But … I would be much happier if I never saw another 2 Orisas, 2 Mercy, 2 Bastion team again.