Why aren't actual smurf accounts banned?

You don’t gain sr for losing so as long as keep throwing you won’t.

1 Like

If you carry game with headshots/kills he mentioned, you will win most games.

Even if you try to stop doing anything at the end, its usualy too late because enemy team gave up already because of that smurf. Its pretty common.

They don’t generate revenue on consoles. Smurf accounts are free to make on Xbox & PS4.

1 Like

No, they are not. This is a fallacy that people need to stop parroting.

I’m talking pc…console are after thought.

Blizzard even confirm this.

Look at the Role Queue Update topic.

quote:
New players are also set at a higher variance level, so the amount of SR you gain and lose is multiplied higher. The matchmaker does this because as a new player it knows very little about your skill and wants to determine it as fast as possible. The increased variance slowly decreases as you play more and more games, and the matchmaker is more confident in identifying your skill.

Yes, I’m aware of that.

They’re not getting placed “too high” which is what you claimed.

Also, a smurf player can easily game the system into placing them much lower than they should be.

Elitist much?

/20chars

2 Likes

Sorry i am not sure what you are talking about any more?
Your against people having multiple accounts?
That was what the topic was about.
In the OP topic post there is no talk about down ranking,
Or a player who gamed the system to start lower.

Having multiple accounts is not a problem or is against the rules.
Downranking or throwing is, but this has nothing to do with having multiple accounts. Someone with only one account can also downrank and throw games.

The only thing they maybe should change is having free accounts when playing on console. Creating a new account should not be to easy.
This will result in players not caring about penalties.
If every(even the extra ones) account on console costs at least 20 dollar, most people would stop not caring about the penalties.
Or only restrict console’s not the pc, where most players with multiple accounts dont throw or downrank on purpose

A high tier player on a low tier smurf/alt/whatever you want to call it account has a distinct unfair advantage over players actually at those lower tiers as they’ve never experienced the game at the higher levels the smurf player has.

According to the in game reporting system, anything that gives an unfair advantage is cheating.

So yes, there are cases where having multiple accounts is against the rules.

Even a gm start his first placement match in gold.
Looking at SVB a GM tank.(and streamer) He bought his first extra account just to learn DPS. What I Learned As a GM in GOLD! Pt. One: What Each Role is Doing Wrong - YouTube
And he sucked… He probably should have even started lower then gold.
At it took him very long to climb.
He never threw and always played his best on dps heroes.
Should he get banned?

Playing as an only high tier player in a low tier, does not have to be an advantage.
It is an almost complete different game. With almost no teamwork and most people dont understand the basics. So they will never peel, try to form working setups, or use team tactics. They will keep trying the same thing over and over again even if it isn’t working etc…

And banning everyone who has a multiple account, just because some people with multiple accounts downrank, is the same as punishing everyone who is black, because some people who are black are criminals.

Having free accounts (so no real thread of punishment) makes it for some people easier to do bad stuff. Or make the decision to do bad things.
But having multiple accounts it self is not bad. Playing only a small amount of heroes on each account will even rank you better. Then playing all roles/heroes on one account before RQ.(one hero for each account is one tricking and is also a form of throwing) People being better placed means, better games.
Also able to have for example one account to play with friends and the other for solo is also better. Your friends could have been pulling your SR down or boosting you without you knowing. Or you play different when you play alone. Doing this on one account will still mean your rating will be wrong. Creating bad games.

Yeah but that gm mercy isnt gonna have a 90 winrate in diamond like a GM Doom

2 Likes

Its simply encouraged in the community. Devs & streamers all do it. If it does get banned, switch to another account. Sad but true.

I don’t understand why people watching streams find some mouthbreather griefing silver or bronze players entertaining…

1 Like

Sounds like a good argument.

You do realize that new accounts start at games which are placed in silver-gold range right.

This is simply inaccurate. I have placed 2 brand new accounts in plat and diamond.

This. If a diamond/master player is in bronze, it’s because they were throwing placements so they could trash low rank players. Which should get you banned from competitive, not just a crappy SR loss.

Read again what i wrote. I am not talking about where you place after all placement games.

Smurfs should either be banned or should only play against other smurfs.

1 Like

I run into lvl20s in diamond/masters, so it doesnt place you in gold/silver unless you play like 1 or try to place low. unless blizzard does something against people making alts this problem as with many many others will never go away, if the very small chance .01% this guy gets banned/suspended for blatantly throwing games to stay silver, he just changes accounts or makes new one and there is nothing stopping it. hell he could be aimbotting in silver to just make the game suck for people and get caught and banned for memory hacking and there is still nothing stopping him from just making another account and doing it again outside of needing to change the hack some to not be auto banned.