Why are you mad about Mei?

People are now calling mei op/broken becuase she counters bunker by walling off the enemy teams mei-n tank.

The majority of the fourms hates bunker so wouldnt you be happy now that it has a counter? DIVE is going to be meta (maybe) again because dive is good against mei.

thing is that mei is very skillful, her primary is a projectile and walling isn’t as easy as it seems (especially on some maps, and in the middle of a teamfight. last thing you want is to wall off a teammate)

Thing is that Mei’s stuns are both super easy to avoid and are easy to stop, her stun isn’t even instant.

If you dont want to be stunned stay out of her range, if she goes into her range use mobility to break the freeze, or kill her before she can kill you,

If you 100% are going to be frozen turn around and look straight down, with most heros she wont be able to kill you.

Obviously at some point you will need to get close to mei but breaking her freeze is very easy. Mobility, stunning mei, sheilding, it all stops her freeze. and that entire time her freeze is being stopped you should be killing her.

6 Likes

To be fair I’ve considered Mei a fairly broken hero for a really long time. She’s received quite a lot of buffs over the years.

6 Likes

Because they’re only happy when the OP/Broken character is one who majority of players play and say requires, “skill”
They also don’t like being countered for walking aimlessly to point or being punished in general.

13 Likes

Her primary shouldn’t mess with your aim and giving her primary pierce was a huge mistake. The wall is fine.

2 Likes

it doesn’t… when did people start saying this?

its super neich, and counter’s deathball and bunker comps.

7 Likes

Wrong. :slight_smile:
Also, Mei should get a reload the instant she goes into ice block.

11 Likes

The moment I was frozen 4 times in a row I knew Mei was broken but the rest of her kit was so bad it was flying under the radar.

2 Likes

Don’t have 6 people standing in a enclosed space, tight setting or literally in a straight line. Just like vs a Junkrat or ulting Moira.

If you get into her range while she is full health or backed up by her teammates, thats on you.

People have arbitrarily hated Mei since forever.

3 Likes

thats on you. You were in her range, and you failed to kill her. It was your fault you got frozen 4 times

2 Likes

Ah so we’re just regurgitating lines people used to defend brig. I see what’s going on.

2 Likes

Thing is that there is literally no way for mei to get into your range unless she walks to you. No mobility or anything

her stun isnt even INSTANT. Just avoid her, get in and out of her stun range, and turn around and look straight down so she cant headshot you when you get frozen

3 Likes

Because she inspires people like you to do that dreadful Mei-n pun. That is a righteous enough cause to fury.

There’s literally no way for Brig to either. “Just don’t let her get near you” doesn’t work in a game where the objective is standing on specific spots.

That is at least 12 seconds that Mei spent fighting you. You spent at least 6 seconds of that time unfrozen.

1. Why did you not fight back and kill her in the at least 6 seconds that you weren’t frozen?
  2. Why were you so poorly positioned that your team couldn’t do anything to help you in the at least 12 seconds that Mei was fighting you?

It sounds to me like the problem isn’t that “Mei was broken.” The problem is between your chair and keyboard.

4 Likes

But if you know she can freeze/incapacitate you, why would you make it easy by walking up to her or getting in her range?

It’s like walking in a straight line to a Ana or McCree and saying they’re OP because you walked up to them.

5 Likes

this is one of the only communities i know that will actively cry out for the end of a meta/buffs for heroes that counter a specific meta yet will also cry for nerfs because a specific hero counters the same meta they hate

2 Likes

Play tank against Mei and try to post the exact same thing. Main tanking is a role i just refuse to play because of her infinite freezing mechanics.

1 Like

This is objectively false. There is an objective on every map. You can’t possibly be suggesting that in order to push an objective Mei is required to be taken out from a distance first?

Because sometimes you need to stand on the point, or go through a choke, or any other of reasons why someone would get near you in an objective based game.