Why are we penalized more than rewarded?

I’ve had a bit of experience in various comp modes for different genres, and this is the only one I’ve played where you’re penalized much more heavily than you’re rewarded. Which doesn’t really make sense when everything is solely dependent on wins/losses rather than individual skill or a mix.

I can play 30 games, win 20 of them, and not move anywhere in rank. That just seems… silly?

If you’re not going to update your ranking system from something that honestly feels like a school project worth of thought, to something more fair/modern, can you at least tone down the ridiculous penalizing modifiers that demote you for things that are completely out of our control?

1 Like

To keep you on the treadmill as it forces you to play more games to actually rank up, just like how it’s awesome to lose 20 - 25% just for having a leaver on your teams.

I’ll tell you a big secret, they’ll never really change the matchmaking in this game it’s been a dumpster fire since S4 of OW1 and will remain so until the game’s finally dead and then it will go down in the annals of history as the worst matchmaking system to have ever graced “competitive” gaming.

But people will swear up and down this is the best OW has been.

Because the devs were instructed to maximize engagement and since content has a weak pull on players they have to make you play more and more for the same amount of reward or else the game dies in a few short weeks.

EOMM and microtransactions are a cancer and they’ve ruined multiplayer gaming, I’m seriously thinking I should retire from it altogether in favor of single player games. Even for single player I rather want to replay some classics because newer games are awful, just lipstick on pigs. RTX this and that, next gen graphics, 1 inch deep story and completely forgettable characters. Everything in gaming nowadays is designed to addict you, rope you into purchasing cosmetics, and it’s starting to look like a bad habit just like smoking and alcohol.

3 Likes

The responses to this are funny. The myths people believe…

Im sooo tired of having to be The Carry…it is exhausting sometimes…

1 Like