Why are Top 500s getting Bronzes in their games

GM player be like: “OMG this Bronze doesn’t know what to do!”

Bronze player: “I don’t know what the heck is going on!”

:joy:

3 Likes

They straight up said they would never do an mmr reset because it went horribly in their internal testing

I know.

WELL ANOTHER PROMISE BROKEN BY BLIZZARD.

Whats new?

Fr tho, im praying its a glitch.

Can confirm, had PVP on my team against a 2100. We were confused as duck

Great matchmaking, Blizzard.

1 Like

Pre Roel Que Bronze player: Instalock DPS & avoid comms

:smiley:

1 Like

Ever since role que beta hit live I’ve seen more glitches than Tron… wait did tron have glitches in the original I can’t remember.

Anyways point being this too is probably part of the long list of stuff they need to literally fix (not retune for balance, but actual fix). Like the game’s Audio…

Happened with my dps placements during the beta.

Seems that hasn’t changed…

This is on a whole nother level though…

Lmao, this is just funny. Altho for real, these type of behaviors do screw up the game solid for both ends.

RoleQ beta was horrendous, I can tell even for my own SR that it makes no sense. I barely play support and the game believes I’m better at it by a 200SR gap nearly than on DPS when I played about 80% of my game time on DPS.

Considering how 2-2-2 works now, coordination is key to winning. Having very huge sr gap for queues is a major problem. For instance, if team A’s DPS are both gold and enemy’s DPS are silver-plat, the enemy silver will struggle to perform as a DPS even if the game considers the whole thing’s average SR matched “fairly”.

These bronze showing up in Top500 lobbies are most likely occurring to “average” both team’s SR to nearly the same. Previously this would not happen, but because the matchmaker didnt change much, it is built on the old system, so these things will happen frequently at both sides of the ladder because it cannot find the proper people to balance it all out.

It’s illogical by all means, but the matchmaker was built to have average SR of both teams near the same number, it doesn’t matter to which extent the player’s rank are situated at atm, if it believes it’s right, then it thinks it’s right. Realistically, it remains illogical to have bronze and top 500 in the same game.

The easiest fix would be code it so that, it’s impossible to have people of certain ranks within some games so that the matchmaker is forced into looking in the specified rank catalog rather than averaging available players if they are limited and then claim it “fair”.

Well, that’s what I think, could be wrong by a mile, but it would be the most logical thing to say to why this occurs more than before.

htt ps://clips.twitch.tv/PleasantSpicyHerringPJSugar
It’s really crazy to see this happening.

This too https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoggyObliqueHerdHoneyBadger

what if the compromise for no decay above diamond is starting everyone around gold sr and forcing them to climb back up every season to make seasons actually matter?

1 Like

oh no no no no
oh ho ho ho XD
This is just hilarious. How did they let this happened?!

1 Like

Alright I’ll click, but if there aint Bare Naked Ladies playing on there I’m out!

Are the queue times still astronomical? If not… I guess this was their solution? Tee hee.

2 Likes

It’s real. I bet i’ll pair against a t500 player and masters even though I’m gold rank. Oh hey it’s my chance to meet the famous twitch streamers now.

Hmm, should I wait this chaos out or jump into comp for a risky chance at getting boosted?

I think I’ll wait.

Damn now this is one of those things that is hard to believe but actually happen

inb4 you kill them both and realize they got boosted XD

Wait till you see this

STEVOS GETTING 1600S IN HIS GAME

2 Likes