Why are there so many ranked modes now?

Yes I realize the LFG feature is flawed, but why would that stop people from using it’s basic functions?

Because it just puts you at a disadvantage. Why would you use a feature that increases your odds of losing?

And solo queueing is better how? At least if you use LFG you can be guarantied whats on your team. If you solo queue, you get what you get, stop whining about it and fix your own problems.

Whining? I’m telling you you will play against organized groups with a bunch of random people if you use LFG. That’s fact.

well organized groups don’t exist below say “mid diamond”, players between bronze upto say say 3200 SR DO NOT SEE GROUPS OF SAID PLAYERS, so yes, stop whining and use the feature as it was intended to be used.

And before you say, your just silver/gold what do you know, I have another account that I play in high diamond/low masters. Organized groups vs 6 stacks of randos from LFG in anything below said ranks just doesn’t happen.

No. No you don’t. You’re bronze. And on my ignore list.

the queue times are insane and thats only for people w/ 3-4k SR

i dont even know what the queue times are for open queue because it doesn’t say the wait times on it… i just clicked cancel after 6 minutes since I am sick of waiting for a damn match… might as well just go back to role queue where I can get a game in 2 minutes as tank

all these stupid modes though… all it does is make the queue times worse for everyone

either make open queue or role queue the only mode… i’d rather have low queue times than so many options… this is insane

It’s still too early in the season to tell with everyone still doing placements, but I’ve seen no increase in queue times so far. In NA, Open Queue takes such a small percentage of the player base that it should have negligible effect on role queue queue times.

role queue times are the same but open queue times are really bad

probably since they took away open queue for a few seasons people only play role queue anymore

but really open queue is better, people flex to whatever roles are needed and you don’t need to wait 10+ minutes for a match

and there arent a bajillion different SRs… how stupid

But it was never the fault of the players for not using the system, what are you even saying??

The LFG system was dead on arrival and I am just another person that can confirm that due to using it for one entire year in the past, as it was fundamentally flawed and its many issues, most of them relating to how the matchmaker treats groups in this game in general, have never been fixed.

Therefore, it in no way is a valid alternative for 2/2/2 role - lock, which is really a shame because even I for example would have no problem exchanging 2/2/2 role - lock for an LFG system that actually does what it promises without messing up the team balance of entire matches.

The game also wasn’t originally “balanced” with 2/2/2 in mind, upon release, the game also had no lock on how many of each hero could be chosen, after hundreds upon thousands of people complaining, Overwatch has been nerf’d into the belief that only 2/2/2 teams are viable. I do however see the need some other players have to enforce the 2/2/2 locks, but I am also currently very much so enjoying the freedom of OQ back as one of the permanent options, and believe it or not, even there people whine about not having 2/2/2 comps.

Personally if the LFG feature actually worked how it was intended to be used, and not just for groups of smurfs stacking to derank you are right, 2/2/2 wouldn’t need to be a thing, but enforcing roles is something this game never intended to do, and has now been enforced, the ability to flex your play style based on team needs is what originally drew me to this game, and I for one, and very glad it’s back.

But I believe the OP didn’t create this thread for us to argue over what we think, just wanted to know why so many different ranked modes are around.

Nobody is forcing you to place in every single mode. They all give full rewards too, so there isnt a need to do everything.

The reason LFG failed is because it takes work and is super elitist. And also because players are afraid to lose. Getting a group is easy. Getting a group of all the same MMR, with the right stats, and the right roles takes time and effort. Something most OW players apparently do not have.

Finding a group can be just as rough if your stats are junk, nevermind that you share the same SR as Mr. Elite group leader.

All of this work and epeen flexing and you’re still more likely to lose because you will face another premade. This game is full of whiny little chickens. That’s why LFG failed.

Im shocked at the DPS wait time in 2/2/2 even with open back

not at all

it worked just fine for those who used it

and 222 is far less flexible and brought with it multiple severe problems

not at all

it was and still is a very valid alternative to 222 as well as other fairly popular team compositions like 132 and 141

1 Like

To put it simply, you’re wrong, as just the fact that you may have personally not experienced a problem doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist altogether. The LFG is a fundamentally broken system with tons of problems that have never been fixed since its arrival. It has been reported by tons of players and even Your Overwatch that, since it is fundamentally a grouping - up feature, then it carries all the problems from said systems as well and therefore, purposefully or not, places players against stronger on average opponents (I suppose this has been programmed in as a security measure against Smurfing and Boosting groups, etc.)

It messes up the balance of Competitive games and I can confirm, as a player who used that system for an entire year, that reason was one of the main problems that pushed me to stop using the LFG system altogether.

Until undeniavle problems such as the above are fixed, the. The LFG system plain and simply isn’t even close to a valid alternative to 2/2/2 role - lock, which really is a shame, because even I would ditch the latter for an actually functional LFG system.

if one were to substitute “222” for “LFG” in the above, I’d agree

such youtube folks are motivated solely to gain clicks in order to earn money, which means the truth is at best a secondary concern

as such, information from sources like this are questionable at best

Nono, Its genius. Free CP.

Very funny but that still doesn’t change anything about my main point.

They didn’t create an entire video around the LFG system, they just made a quick reference to it in a video months after said system’s release, where they detailed some of its main problems.

Therefore, you don’t have to be concerned.

the many severe problems that 222 has added to this game have been described in detail by many individuals many times