Why are some heroes allowed to build Ult charge with their ultimates active?

It’s just seems strange to me. Hammond, Ashe and Torb can all build ultimate charge while their ultimates are active. These heroes have ultimate that create objects or obstacles that are very difficult to get around.

Hammond seems like an extreme case here, since his mines last 20 seconds, but he can begin building ultimate charge right away, with no delay.

B.O.B and Molten Core also do a very decent job at controlling space, and as a result, it makes it much easier for these Heroes to get a decent chunk of initial Ult charge right away from the enemy having to reposition.

Basically all I’m saying is that it seems like a major inconsistency issue.

I think Ashe lost that ability in the latest patch.

That was a reported bug, and is getting fixed.

it was a glitch they are workign on it

I wish it was more consistent or at least they gave us their thinking process of allowing only certain Ults this feature.

Similar to the whole, channeled ults vs transformation ults and getting stunned out of only certain ones, i would like to see that distinction with ult charge during the ultimate.

1 Like

The only other hero with something akin to this type of Ultimate is Symmetra, but she is not allowed to build charge while her barrier is active…

Hanzo and Tracer can charge ult charge as well when their ultimates are active.
(It’s less noticeable with Tracer due to the short cast time.)

We already have a thread about this.