Why are people happy lootboxes are getting banned?

It’s true. My family farmed our land for generations, until the land became infertile and the topsoil washed away by plastic straws. Don’t get me started on all the dead wildlife I’ve seen with their poor, blank eyes wide open, and a straw sticking out of their little throats…

You jest. That’s fine. When the scale tips there is no accommodation for denial. Get the chuckles in while you can.

1 Like

I know. The strawpocalypse is deadly serious, “Big Plastic” tries to push out propaganda that says otherwise. I’m with ya my friend.

Oh I know. The God Emperor told you that it was all wrong, that it was all a hoax invented by the Chinese. Ben Shapiro assured you that people would just sell their submerged property. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch? All lies. Go then, little one. Heed your masters. Repeat their lies. I’ll be dead before the real matter comes to pass. You, however, will live with the consequences.

Best of luck to you. Enjoy the straw that comes with that Happy Meal. And remember above all – big business knows what is best for you. The tobacco industry, the petroleum industry, plastics, etc; they all have your interests at heart. And there’s no way that there’s arsenic in that Johnson & Johnson’s baby powder. No way at all.

1 Like

I heard China uses plastic straws and they literally throw straws into the Pacific garbage patch! I certainly don’t listen to the Russian misinformation campaign to minimize the environmental damage to our world. As fellow environmentalists who are woke to the right-wing conspiracy, you and I need to let people know about what we’re up against.
Edit: Tobacco is a great product. I can’t agree with your stance aginst them.

Oh no, little mocker. Your Emperor knows what is best for you. Listen to him. Heed his word. Make him the center of your life. After all, what could go wrong? Sure, he’s a serial liar that has no idea what he is doing or what he wants to do, but he knows what is best. Somehow.

Scary times. Too many of you have drunk the Kool-Aid. The rest of us hang on for dear life.

1 Like

Hard cap at 25 that forces a lootbox to give you a legendary. You cannot open 25 lootboxes and get no legendaries, it is a guarantee. this is why you can only get 24 lootboxes and have to buy the 50 pack to get a 100% chance of 2 legendarys.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you keep referencing the great Bernie Sanders, but don’t worry, I heed his word to the end. I would not let you, him, nor the planet down. My little friend.

Poor billion dollar companies just can’t survive without squeezing every single penny out of their customers…woe is them, so sad, I’m crying, I’m super cereal.

Good, instead of focusing on how cute they can make the next Mercy skin, maybe they’ll actually improve the GAME.

because they are predatory

Something something Bernie something something something Lock Her Up something.

What a path we are on.

1 Like

Because they’re a shady business practice that guarantees you nothing for your purchase. It would be different if you purchased coins that you could use to buy what you wanted, but this is straight up gambling.

Because it is the first step in the war against Microtransactions in all games.
Back in my day you bought a game, you had the game.
They eventually made DLCs and Map Packs, 90% of the time it was worth the money.

To be fair, you ARE guaranteed something. Whether it be sprays, voicelines, skins, or coins. It just may not be what you wanted. The important thing to me is that i don’t get nickel and dimed to get what I want.

yes because I wan’t nothing but duplicates.

maybe if Purchased Loot Boxes were guaranteed not to have any duplicates unless you have everything.

good one more nail in the coffin for blizzard

I guess you’re right. You’re guaranteed mostly shovelware that almost no one uses.

In addition, you have the chance of paying for shovelware you already own! Didn’t want duplicates? Too bad.

I understand you completely. I was never a fan of buying stuff for a game I’d already bought.

The way these lootboxes are set up is that they include a bunch of sprays no one really uses, and they mix it with duplicate favored RNG to heavily dilute your chances of getting your items for free unless you want to spend 24/7 grinding lootboxes. Devs take advantage of our “get it now” nature, and they offer the option to pay for lootboxes in order to “save time.” But even then you’ve got the chance of paying for 50 lootboxes, and getting nothing but shovelware/ duplicates.

1 Like

Try watching Extra Credits on Youtube. They have an episode on the cost of games versus development cost. I’m not saying blizzard is in that sane situation or not, but it helps gain an understanding of the industry and why it’s doing what it is.