Why are Gold and Jade weapons time limited?

I’m not sure what the purpose of this is. They’re ok rewards for comp, but they take time to earn if you’re not at high ranks and getting a lot of Competitive Points. I don’t see what the point is to put a definite deadline on being able to earn these. What does it even add besides permanently locking players out from rewards just to create a sense of urgency?

You’ve figured it out.

1 Like

Maybe you should read the actual full post before you reply and not take me out of context. I know they dangle the carrot above player heads but actions like this cost them goodwill with the community for short term gains. It’s a bad move compared to what it woudl take to keep Jade weapons in the game permanently.

I don’t disagree that it’s a bad move, but we’re speaking from the customer’s point of view. Shareholders don’t care if we don’t like FOMO. Numbers must go up, and making people grind for expirable points is a great way to force long term engagement.

4 Likes

I really do not care about shareholders, but they’ve done enough damage to their goodwill with these FOMO practices, and it’s about time they stop. These FOMO events and rewards just reward short term engagement at the cost of player goodwill, which they are pretty much out of right now.

2 Likes

I feel you. Everything goes to :poop: over money.

1 Like

Taken out of context or not, the point would be the same

It’s FOMO pure and simple. There’s nothing more to it.

Every publicly listed company (stock-exchange traded) chases short-term gains, because they report every 3 months.

It’s why some businesses buy-back their shares in order to create long-term value.

The way to combat this? Gently deride players who go out of their sinking money and time into cosmetics.

1 Like