Why are devs/designers so lazy? - Highlight Intro "rant"

So I watched it for several seasons now and I just have to ask: What happened to the passion?
I mean we all know that Blizzard and the big investors behind it are greedy cash grabbers but I thought the last instance of love and passion to the games they make are the devs and designers.
Dont get me wrong: some of the recent skins are awesome. But for me personally highlight intros play a huge role in hero customization and since OW2 launched they is a huge lack of quality in those.
When I watch the original Zenyatta or Doomfist highlight intros (just 2 examples) than there was so much movement, power, different camera angles + changes and “oomph” in those clips.
All, and I mean ALL highlight intros since OW2 launche have been just lazy one camera angle clips which dont have this impact anymore.
Why? What happened?
When I do something, I do it with passion. I feel like the devs dont do that anymore.

3 Likes

There has been a substantial decrease in overall effort lately with most things they do now I’ve noticed.

They don’t even make epic or legendary skins for new heroes anymore

1 Like

None of this is new. They greatly decreased the effort put into anything that didn’t directly bring in cash or maintain player retention a long time ago. It was around the time they went from creating awesome full 3D cinematics with every new hero launch to making barely animated 2d storyboards for hero launches instead.

1 Like

Look at Venture’s souvenir animation. It’s the laziest animation yet. It incorporates nothing about the character whatsoever.

This is not the place for such discussion

A game studio is only as good as its talent. A lot of those highlight intros we had before were made by incredibly talented animators that worked with the writers to make something that felt in-character and matched their personality. Now we get paws-up Hanzo as an emote.

I love the doom dance highlight i thought that was creative and i never ever play doom and got it because its so cool

Remember some devs/artists have been fired in january ?
That might be part of the answer of their “laziness”.

THIS IS EXACTLY THE PLACE FOR SUCH DISCUSSION!

Not every discussion on the forums has to regard balance and 6v6. Frankly, we really should have more discussions over customization.

1 Like