Why’s everyone so compelled to buff dva and sym but not other characters that are in worse positions

Her beam isn’t hitscan, it’s a beam.

You don’t see Echo’s, Zarya’s and Symmetra’s beaming people from the other side of the map, because beams have limited range.

Unlike hitscans.

Beams are close range hitscan they don’t have to lead targets like projectile

Plus they have benefits over hitscans being tick dmg but also negatives too like being worse against tanks unless ur tracer or soldier

Cross the map you say cough cough reaper is cough cough hitscan cough cough ur wrong yet again

1. if you haven’t noticed, sym can practically be considered a projectile dps because anyone that’s actually put in meaningful time trying to learn to play her well will know that she will use orbs much more often than her primary. and her orbs are legit 1 of the worst projectile weapons fires in the game
  2. idk how you can consider sym to be better than winston, roadhog, hanzo, echo, zen, genji, orisa, sigma or torb.

Her old 140 orbs where fat tho, I’d take 140 orbs over 225 hp any day

Because hitscan or not it is still within the dps role.
The tanks are trash in general and symmetra is trash since… always.

see the below:

an extra 20 damage doesn’t compensate for how ridiculously inconsistent it is for the excessive conditions (low firerate, sniper tier charge time, legit not very aimable in many ranges due to how slow it is) it has esp when comparing to other heroes’ weapon fires, even projectile ones.

e.g. both pharah and junkrat’s projectiles deal about the same damage, but have about twice the fire rate (better spam), pretty much same splash radius and maybe even higher splash damage, not to mention pharah’s projectiles are also faster i.e. can be aimed more + longer effective range.

i.e. sym orbs are bad both as an aimed projectile weapon fire and bad as a spam projectile weapon fire. and no, small orbs don’t change that fact either considering it further means smaller size, lower damage and not to mention legit mercy pistol is better than uncharged orbs.

I was a god at sym with 140 dmg, now she’s just a cheese character to me again

Atleast with 140 u could be a more funner junk imo

your anecdotes doesn’t change the objective facts against your claims.

What’s my claims exactly I never said she was bad or good

you claimed:

1. (implicitly) sym wasn’t a projectile hero
  2. (implicitly) sym was better than a few heroes to not warrant the amount of people asking for buffs on her (see below in conjunction with title):
  1. you either claimed that sym is fine with 140 damage orbs or claimed her orb projectile fire is fine with 140 damage on them which obvs was not the case.

She a pure projectile character so by that definition she isn’t a projectile character, there’s characters like hanzo where every ability is a projectile

2 depend how strong YOU think those characters r I never ranked them so u can’t assume

3 n no I just said I enjoyed 140 orbs over 225 hp and actually had fun playing her sometimes. Is that wrong for me to have fun or something

by that definition, then

• echo’s not a projectile hero because she has a beam and her ult can make her have hitscan
  • torb’s not projectile because hitscan shotgun
  • mei’s not a projectile hero because her primary’s a beam

:roll_eyes:

your original post was legit “you guys a really biased for asking for sym and dva buffs when projectile heroes + winston and maybe hog need it more” implying sym’s not a projectile hero and/or that she’s less deserving of buffs than the listed.

you were legit saying how you were a “god” with old orbs to argue against the points I raised about how bad sym’s orbs are.

Torbs shotgun isn’t projectile and I agree echos not a pure projectile I never said she was and she’s one of the better characters Rn that’s why I said projectile characters not hybrids

Meis beam is a projectile and it’s insanely slow to only travelling at 25mps

2nd point Winston is in a much worse spot then sym is rn, both anecdotally and statistically

I was a god is my opinion lol I could be bronze for all u know hahah I never stated facts like I climbed on her whereas I couldn’t climb on other characters lol

If you say so, personally I consider them different from hitscan as they have limited range and can’t go any further then that determined range.

Reaper can still hit pellets from a distance, even though his preferred range is close up, and when I said that I was talking mostly about most of the histcan roster, Asha, Soldier, Bastion and widow.

You have a habit of doing coughing comments, are you that childish? Not shocked with that 1 endorsement rank, real toxic I bet.

Wrong yet again? I’ve been right a lot in your other posts. Genji doesn’t have as low as a pickrate and winrate as your trying to make it seem, Symmetra is only used in the most opportune times therefore her winrate is high and in my opinion, Genji definitely doesn’t negate shields.

Cough cough someone cough cough mad bruv cough

N dash n blade negate shield plus deflect allows him to close space it’s just his dps is worse then even most supports even Ana bap zen, hell even moira can give him a run for his money

And D.Va has her micro missiles which are projectiles.
Sym has has her right mouse click which is projectile (and is used pretty much much/as much as primary fire)

What was your point highlighting what I said?

Dva missiles u just spam off CD n do f all dmg since nerf, or else people would go back to abusing the oneshot combo

And I know sym has orbs

That you are counting Echo as a hitscan character due to her beam, but think D.Va and Sym deserve less help than other characters?
I don’t even know why you started this whole hitscan vs projectile thing.
The bottom DPS are all Hitscan. Bastion, Sombra, Reaper.
Then the next three are Pharah, Mei and Sym. So I don’t understand why you think Sym is fine, all hitscans are apparently good and only specific projectile heroes need help?

I never said echo was hitscan? When did I say that please stop putting words in my online personas mouth

N bastions doing good rn cause of the meta and sombra will always have a very strong niche in any rank above masters, if they abuse her wincondition

I’d say the two worst characters Rn r pharah n Winston and genji isn’t too far behind

Not mad, I really couldn’t care less, your just trying to make a narrative that isn’t right and I’m having fun saying that it really ain’t true.

Back again with the childishness.

Sure they go through shields but they hardly invalidate them, and they certainly aren’t a reason to switch off shields.