Who's next to get nerfed?

Whatever’s a hot pick in both Overwatch League and Competitive Play, I suppose.

Here’s the top ten played heroes dating back to Stage 1 (Game 1) of OWL. Bold means the hero was recently nerfed and Italics means nerf/change is pending.

• D.VA (255 hours)
  • Zenyatta (224 hours)
  • Winston (222 hours)
  • Tracer (203 hours)
  • Mercy (191 hours)
  • Lucio (80 hours)
  • Widowmaker (75 hours)
  • Genji (73 hours)
  • Junkrat (50 hours)
  • Soldier: 76 (40 hours)

Comparing that to stats for Competitive/Ranked, it’s about the same but you may see less (or more) of a hero depending on what rank.

It’s subjective to think who may be nerfed in the future, instead they may just buff heroes who are hardly played.

EDITS:

Source is WinstonsLab, using game data from Jan. 11th to April 19. Keep in mind that during this current stage they’re still on an old patch, possibly pre-D.VA nerf.

Bored, so here's the lowest 10 picked in OWL, again ranging from the first match of Stage 1 to now:

Bold means recent buff, italics means changes are on PTR or are coming soon™:

Symmetra (32 seconds)
Torbjörn (18 minutes)
Mei (1 hour 37 minutes)
Doomfist (2 hours 33 minutes)
Bastion (3 hours 7 minutes)
Hanzo (3 hours 26 mins)
Reaper (4 hours 46 minutes)
Zarya (11 hours 10 minutes)
Reinhardt (16 hours 18 minutes)
Sombra (19 hours 27 minutes)

1 Like

I’m not a Sombra player but the main thing I don’t like about her is that she doesn’t have another ability (except for her left click) to deal damage. Same goes for Tracer even though Tracer has other more consistent abilities that make up for it.

Her ult should definitely deal some damage… Maybe inflicting damage when people are trying to use / spam their ability while being hacked ?

Kinda want dva and widows mobility nerfed since it dosent have much risk

I don’t see anyone getting nerfed in the near future.

1 Like

Why D.Va? Can you elaborate on the lacking of risk?

probably mercy again…:smile:

As a Mercy main on this account, Dva gave me a hard time after getting buffed. She could corner me so easily (even though it was possible to counter if the team would react fast enough).

Dva already got nerfed when the Retribution event was released. I don’t think nerfing her some more would be fair. But who knows ? Anything can happen ^^

Dvas boosters are on a 5 sec cooldown
If you use them too early,you can hover in the air and wait a bit
wrong button press? dont worry you can cancel it
It can go up down foward backwards left right for 2 secs. best mobility for tanks and maybe in the whole game

New hanzo might still need some tweaks, however besides that i dont think any heroes are in need of a nerf after this. Just bug fixes and potential buffs for Sombra, Reinhardt, McCree and reworks for Symmetra and Torb. Then the game might be at its best place balancewise since ever. Also please dont nerf Junkrat. I dont agree with these changes on him on his primary.

I hope you’re right :slight_smile: ! Having so many heroes is difficult to the devs as they must re-balance a few abilities every time they release a new hero.

I guess there won’t be any nerfs before this, except for the reworks (Hanzo, Symm etc…) !

Moira will be next in the firing line, come back and @ me in a month or 2 when her nerfs hit PTR

1 Like

Her kit revolves around her mobility. I do agree that her mobility was oppressive when she was a lot more explosive, but with how her missiles & boost damage were changed, her current mobility is what keeps her alive as a viable pick.

She’s a close-range fighter. Her impact is negligible at even medium-range (talking from my own experiences, I could be wrong). Her boosters give her the ability to do her job - a badly-timed dive can easily prevent her from disengaging, even with the cooldown. Flying upward has less of a benefit than you think.

My guess is a nerf to new hanzo. People already are saying he’s op.

ana and rein should be buff priority next

I mean the new arrow technique is pretty good imho.
You have the technique up very often. I wouldn’t be surprised if they increased the cooldown by 2 or 4 seconds.

I’d personally like a Moira nerf. But that’s just me. After that I would be content.

Everyone

Everyone will

Agreed, these were a long time coming👍

Well, some of them at least😁

I mean is he really? I’ve heard that he can still do a ton of damage with his new ability… But is it seriously that bad?

Lucio got buffed so next step is to nerf him to a place that is worse than where he was at when he got the buff.