Who's lore do you love but hate but hate gameplay/kit wise?

title. (i aplogize for my spelling)

wich hero’s lore do you love, but dispise as an actual playable hero.
for me i would say genji, i really like his lore because… hes a cyborg ninja dude. good ol’ sibling rivalry (i guess thats not the story completely but its pretty close) his kit does so much damage well moving around costantly, he’s like a worse tracer with more hp and doesn’t really need to reload as often. then there’s nanoblade. fun as ana, sucks for basically everyone else, genji is effective in the most annoying possible way and his skill cap is so high i see so many new players trying to play him and fail miserably. not to mention

199 hp: i need healing

and what about the opposite? whos kit do you love but hate lore wise? for me I would say sigma. he’s lore doesn’t have much too it and even is position is talon is pretty forgettable. he’s hero introduction was cool but thats about it.

3 Likes

Mei definitely. She has some great lore (and great personality) but she’s a pretty annoying hero.

5 Likes

As a Symmetra main, my girl Symm.

Awesome lore. Should be capable of so much more kit-wise. Symm 2.0, balance aside, was unique and distinct. Now, she feels like a weaker Zarya with a gimmicky TP, which is the only reason why OWL uses her, if at all.

But love her backstory and lore.

6 Likes

For me, it’s Sombra. Definitely not a salty Ball main.

But I love her design as well as her constant desire for knowledge, with knowledge being her end goal. I particularly like the heavy implications she’s not in Talon because she agrees with their beliefs, but just because they have a bunch of shiny tools to uncover information with, given her pre-match interactions with Baptiste among other things.

Gameplay wise… Hack just isn’t fun to deal with, and it’s nearly impossible to know for sure when or where she’ll show up since she’s invisible so often. It’s also hard for her to get much value by herself since her team needs to follow up on hacks, and I personally think there should be a little less team reliance in the game for some heroes. Her ult also feels really cheap at times, since once again with her invisibility and TL, it can happen before anyone can even react and is near impossible to prevent, and unlike other ults, once it’s out, you can’t use your own abilities/ults to counter it (unless you position yourself far from your team, but this can come with its own problems). Do I think she’s broken/OP? Absolutely not. Do I think she’s annoying when played well? Definitely. Am I biased because she’s a major check to my favorite hero?
yes

4 Likes

then there’s people who think mei is evil because of her gameplay, then say that she killed her crew??? its normally a joke but some people actually think that

4 Likes

Brigitte. Great character. Dumb hero.

D.Va. Great hero. I don’t hate her lore it’s just so disconnected from Overwatch’s main story.

Moira. Dumb everything.

I like both kit/lore of Ana, Genji, Echo, Mercy.

i wrote genji because of that same reason

I agree with Mei. She’s great in the game lore, but she’s Ms. No Fun in-game.

1 Like

I’m right there with you. Genji is really cool in lore, but I can’t stand him in-game.

I love Ana in lore, too, but I’m just really bad at her…

2 Likes

having a healer that requires aim is weird, but i love her, her lore is actually some of the best now that i think about it

1 Like

I love ana, hammond, ashe and bastions lore

I can play them at all though (well I can play hammond and bastion dont really wwant to, hammond I dislike his kit and bastion well he became way too slow for me)

It is! I love her.

I really like her playstyle too, but I’m just very bad with her projectiles and get major panic-aim if I ever get dove on by flankers and the like. I’m better off playing Mercy…

1 Like

bastions lore just reminds me of bastion mains, “last bastion?” yea no wonder

that and he desperately needs a rework

1 Like

Her lore dictates that she’d be unstoppable I believe.

1 Like

true sadly :confused:

Probably Genji (though I find Hanzo more interesting of the two cuz I’m a sucker for redemption stories but I also like his gameplay so…). Genji’s playstyle never clicked with me and I find him really irritating to play against too. Not saying OP or anything, just irritating thanks to how bloated his kit is.
However, I do like his lore when it comes to several elements. I like how he and Hanzo are siblings and have this complicated relationship. I like how he’s had an arc of having to come to terms with his new robotic body. I like how he has an omnic monk as a mentor. I like how many character ties he has (Hanzo, Zenyatta, Mercy) which go deeper than something as simple as “teammates” or something.

Don’t really have an opposite. Like, sure, D.Va’s character/lore I never was a fan of cuz it comes across too much like a “baby’s first OC” to me. (Seriously, seen tons of bad fanfiction with original characters very much like her.) However, it’s not the case of “love the gameplay, hate the character” cuz her gameplay is just… average to me. I don’t love it but I don’t find it bad either. She doesn’t irritate me (rather, she’s fun to play against since she dies so easily lol) or make me groan whenever I get her in Mystery Heroes but it’s very rare for me to pick her as well.
Hmm. Now that I think of it maybe it’s Ashe? Not a favorite gameplay wise but I DO find her fun to play, more so than many other DPS. However I find her completely unremarkable as a character (B.O.B is the best part!). You see generic cowgirls everywhere and there’s really nothing about her lore besides some feuding with McCree. At least D.Va ties into the grand scheme of things like fighting omnics and has some amusing interactions with a variety of characters. She also shows character development with the whole “learning to ask help” thing. Ashe is just this rich girl brat.

1 Like

meis backstory and playstyle is horrid.

Omg for sure. She is such an interesting character BUT SO ANNOYING. I would have said brig too since everything about brig is very well done… except her kit. Balance team what you doing?

1 Like

She didn’t kill her crew. The power went out and Overwatch didn’t go and save them. She was lucky she woke up. Otherwise she wouldn’t be here.

1 Like

i know. some people say that she did even tho that is not true at all, others say she’s evil for getting over their deaths so fast, all of these are wrong, idk why people think she killed them, when she clearly didn’t.

1 Like