Who is the mother of hanzo and genji shimada

Please tell me, i kinda vaguely remember what their father is called but is there anywhere that says what the mother is called

1 Like

Their mother has never been mentioned. It is unknown if she is alive or dead. Whoever she is, she must not be important to the story.

10 Likes

in b4 she’s the big boss of the Talon Council

7 Likes

I hope there’s mention of her eventually, there’s very few head cannons about her in the community and something official would be amazing. If the shimada brothers ever get a short story like Bastet, i’m sure we’d find out.

2 Likes

I have a feeling the mother is deceased or left the clan. Because the Shimada father passes and the role of clan head goes to Hanzo and Genji. IF there was a mother, wouldn’t she become the head of Shimada? Looking back in history, woman have had head roles in Japanese clans before.

1 Like

Depends on what part. It varied greatly from clan and era, but it has generally been a male dominated system where consorts would sabotage their husband’s other wives and children so that their sons could take over, rather than them taking over themselves. Correct me if I am wrong, but there have not been any major female leaders in Japan since first millennia.

To bring this to the Shimadas, the clan would likely have still fallen to Hanzo over her if she were alive. Her fate is unknown and her character is probably unimportant.

1 Like

Does it even matter? Seriously?

No, it doesn’t. The father is Sojiro, he played a role since we knew about him in lore. Anyone outside of lore pretty much is unimportant or not really a necessity.

It’s like father pushing for Pharah all over again, when he really wasn’t needed.

I would love to learn more about their mother/father and the whole Shimada clan’s efforts.

Lore states that Genji set out on a campaign to dismantle his family’s organization and apparently succeeded. Unless Hanzo is his only surviving relative, he would have had to face his mother/other family and bring them to justice. Also learning that Genji defeated them kind of takes away what I thought Hanzo was doing on his quest for redemption. Genji’s story is fleshed out and yet Hanzo is still a bit empty…

Maybe the Shimada clan’s place in the overall story is small and they aren’t nearly as big of a player as I had hoped? Otherwise, I’d love to learn more about what they did. (I have this hero I want to see created who was raised and mutated by the Shimada clan to become a “Queen Bee” archetype hero; she would throw pods on walls/floors/corners that constantly pop out wasp bots and pursue targetted enemies until the nest gets destroyed.)

3 Likes

If it’s not Mama Hong I’m quitting life.

3 Likes

i don’t know her name but she probably died of “anime protag mom’s disease”

it’s got a 100% fatality rate…it’s legit

7 Likes

no, if there’s son. It’s japan after all.

“Son, sit down, I’m afraid I have some bad news for you… it’s your mother, she… she’s contracted… terminal plotdevitis…”

4 Likes

no…NO…ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

there is literally NO CURE

5 Likes

We have no knowledge about their mother

She also had to have wore the "hair of death " often worn by females and mothers.

h ttps://i.stack.imgur.com/weiEB.png

1 Like

I think their mother became Assassin in Talon.

1 Like

Neither was Sam but then everyone asked “who Pharah’s father was” and then they had to make him into a “someone” Yeah, she is technically a no one. I mean, I laugh that everyone is so interested in parents. Sam is still fodder.

To be honest, I say who cares. We know the father is important as he was mentioned in lore previously as well as Retribution, so there is that.

The only issue with this is if their mother was alive and part of the family this whole time and did not die at the same time as their father, that means she was witness to the falling out of the brothers (Genji’s death) and Hanzo’s subsequent takeover/depression. While the impact a female family member can have in future!Yakuza is unclear, that certainly means she has some sort of interesting story and it’s really weird for it to have never been addressed.

But alternatively she just got Bambi’d when they were little or died in childbirth or some other dumb trope and it really actually doesn’t matter because the story wants to focus on the father and the brothers.

Galaxy brain: Sojiro cloned Hanzo and Genji from himself like Metal Gear, there is no mother!!!

1 Like

It’s Winston. (20 char)

THIS. I would LOVE this!!!