Which characters are most likely gay

It’s a fictional character so… it can’t really think for itself

I’m gonna say Tracer and Soldier are the most likely to be gay. Call it a hunch.

4 Likes

The community it seems, we already had a thread like this on Ashe this morning.

Yes the Trolls are out today.

1 Like

Any thing for a few clicks when you log in eh…

That’s kinda where i was going with that.
They can’t have any sexual preferences because they’re not even conscious.

I’m just basing this off of fan favourites:

McCree

To be honest, you can’t really tell someone’s sexuality based on their appearance. :man_shrugging:t5:

Leisure Suit Larry was gay.

But they can still be written that way, it’s like saying that Brig isn’t a mechanic because she’s never actually built anything in-game

3 Likes

I am a big supporter of LGBT but…

Just because OW is a LGBT firendly game, we don’t need to out so many heroes just for the sake of the community.

It kinda feels out of place…

2 Likes

Okay look, when you’re either never represented or done so incredibly poorly, you’ll want certain things.

Representation matters to an incredibly high degree, but literally whenever someone even mentions wanting gay heroes or saying “I hope x hero is gay”, people love to jump and say “why are you so obsessed, it doesn’t matter, blah blah”.

Y’all are so horribly missing the point. Plus this thread was literally just a silly thread about the topic. It’s really not as deep as y’all are making it sound.

3 Likes

That’s not an obsession.
If I say “I hope Lúcio is gay” that’s not me being obsessed with the concept of Lúcio being gay.

Interest in something is not an obsession with it.

3 Likes

Jesus posted here? Is he on his smurf?

2 Likes

Pharah asks Brigitte to hit the weights with her and Brigitte says “only if we can eat something afterwards” :flushed::flushed:

3 Likes

they’re all straight

1 Like

She’s talking about cupcakes, right…? Right?!

1 Like

76 and tracer and that’s it.

They have pandered enough already.

What a stupid game to play. Grow up.

1 Like

Does it really matter?

A character being gay is something that has to have cannon meaning and has existing story and lore behind it, to make any form of public confirmation from Blizzard that ‘X hero is gay’ not seem forced. It’s why Noone really cared when Tracer was revealed a lesbian, as her lines talking about Emily already existed in the game before they said Emily is Lena’s girlfriend, but when they confirmed Soldier to be gay, they shoved all that in the Bastet short story about Vincent and Morrison’s relationship. Before Bastet, we have no mention of Vincent, and we still don’t have any new information on Vincent either, other than him and Morrison were engaged, but Morrison ended things due to him being worried about his life as a soldier getting in the way of his relationship.

It’s all good speculating and making fan ships about characters being gay, but implimenting any form of LGBT hero either an existing one or a new hero is something that has to be taken carefully. And as for Ashe and Jesse, they’re probably both straight anyway, as they’re hints pointing to them having a romantic relationship due to the image of Ashe’s bike in the Reunion short, and Ashe and Mccree’s in game interations concerning a photo Ashe keeps at the Deadlock hideout.

As much as I loved the implementation of Soldier and Tracer’s sexuality, it’s something that can’t just be thrown into the game beacuase people want it in the game. These heroes stories are planned out for months and months before their reveals and releases into the full game. If they’re gay, Blizzard will say they’re gay.

Also, assuming sexuality of anyone, fictional characters or otherwise, is really rude. I get that at the end of the day, they’re video game characters, but you wouldn’t just go up to someone in the real world and ask ‘Are you gay?’ I know I’d’ve punched someone if they did that to me. Hell, I did once, and ended up dating him 9 moths later, cause, turns out, he was asking for himself :joy:

My point is that sexuality in media is not a topic that can just be thrown around because people want to see more character lore. It’s a sensitive subject in real life, so it’s going to be even worse in the media cause of the millions of eyes on it, not just your small social circle of friends and family.

4 Likes

In the words of the great JK Rowling… ALL OF THEM!