Where are the support players?

In fact i see alot of bad dps lately…

No U

2 Likes

Really i start to remember why this forum is abandoned by developers, toxicy apart.

The confusion about what skills are and where are required is high and created only by ow1.

If you really think dps don’t need good positioning, you never played this game.

If they would actually format correctly like everyone wants (2 tanks, 2 dps, 1 healer) a lot more people would heal honestly and it would cut down the Q time.

That’s funny a lot of top tier players have completely contradicted this ridiculous statement numerous times including dps players.

1 Like

You don’t get to insult people’s intelligence and skill level for over an hour and call them toxic. I hope that logic isn’t too hard for you to understand.

6 Likes

You are changing my words on me to try and win an argument. I said that support get punished MORE not that dps don’t need to have good positioning. You seem very biased.

Of course all roles require some positioning, some multitasking and some good positioning but at different ratios…but most dps have ways out of a bad situation that Anna, Brig, Zen for example don’t have.

2 Likes

Really “top” player of a casual game.

Like saying cod or fortnite players isn’t different.

Blizzard is going for the route i’m talking, first you will accept it, better will be.

No is you are biased to not understanding how the game work.

Specially considered supports hide most of the time near the tank if they are good.

But this is the problem.

Some supports stay away from the team and then complaining to be killed.

I get 3 confirmed bans previous week on 5 reports, on support not healing because out of position.

What are you even trying to argue with this post?

There are many reasons people play games. Fun is a word for it, but I would rather use satisfaction. Some people play for fun, some to pass time, some to progress their skills, some simply to enjoy a win, some because they like some specific aspect of gameplay.

Having established that, where does your argument lead? Yes, OW1’s style of support is dead. Yes, that will lead to a lot of dissatisfied people. Yes, that will lead to a growing problem of queue waiting time. All because, for varied reasons, support is not as satisfying as it once was, to a lot of players.

The typical DPS-brain argument is that it’s low impact or not skilled, or whatever. This is really a complete failure to understand someone not yourself. It’s viewing the game through a very limited perspective. It leads to the suggestion that some people are worse for playing a role, and the all too common DPS suggestions that, if only support was more like DPS, it’d be much better. Because the criteria by which the support role is judged by these people is the DPS’ own criteria.

Ultimately, until you can see the discussion from your “opponent’s” point of view, you will contribute nothing to it.

If support is not satisfying, for whatever reason, this will, in turn, impact everyone else’s time playing this game. As such, rather than uselessly spending time establishing pointless facts (OW1 is dead, DPS are/aren’t more skillful, and other dead horses), you might consider what could be done to make support more satisfying, from a general or support perspective. But, of course, it’s much less mentally challenging to simply keep on harping on the same old, unproductive non-points.

10 Likes

There current answer is to make a daily challenge of use the “All Role” queue in unranked. Which you get 80% of the time Support, and 20% of the time Tank.

I like playing support, support is not broken. Tanks are broken. A winston or a dva will jump on your supports, and unless you are Lucio or Moira, and sometimes kiriko… you just get destroyed. the rest of the team could care less what is happening to you. you are pretty defenseless. Sombra, Reaper, Sojourn, genji… they do so much damage… if they get on you, its too late.

The healing we can put out is fine. The tank does require more focus and the dps needs to be less careless. And importantly, they need to defend their supports.

2 Likes

I semplify for you, considered you seems a new one in the “forum”.

In this “forum”, there are mostly toxic players and supports.

Developers leaved totally this forum starting around in 2018 for how much toxicity there was.

But the problem started specially from supports after a certain change to mercy.

I simple get here to get some fun to see this toxic players climbing mirrors and find excuses.

Wait what? You are contradicting yourself now? Sheesh this is interesting.

3 Likes

I have played all the roles in OW2 , i’m not a “support player”. Support is the hardest and most frustrating role in OW2

2 Likes

If you’re going to be patronizing and belittle people, you could at least spell simplify correctly.

6 Likes

:point_right: “This user’s public profile is hidden.”

He’s one of the people on this forum who are only here for getting their kicks out of trolling. :smirk:

1 Like

Uh, most supports require that as well. We’re not feckin’ healbots. The only two supports that don’t require as much aim are brig and Moira. If you’re not doing damage as support, you are severely crippling your team.

I’m a Zen main. If I can’t hit my orbs I am useless, despite how powerful Trans can be.

I get it from the fact that many DPS have ways to escape or simply delete (by nature of dealing more damage) than supports. The fact that a support getting into duels means we are inherently at a disadvantage to everyone else, thus requiring us to be more careful in our positioning to not get in those situations in the first place.

Shields or no shields, it’s a fact that DPS can take more positions than support can. While a position might be considered weaker or subpar for DPS, that same position is considered DEADLY for a support.

I’m well aware. Though I’d consider the third point to fall under Map Knowledge, but that’s being pedantic. Supports have got to worry about all that as well.

My point is, it’s much easier to climb on mechanical skill alone as a DPS than it is support.

I don’t know why you’re acting as if I’m speaking in exclusives. The truth is, Supports have to branch out their skill sets into other areas much earlier than DPS in order to remain competitive. That only begins to break down in mid Diamond+.

Which, like you said… is not even close to 50% of the player base.

4 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of low elo dps ult quad, or even team kills in my games. I’ve got a fair few myself, and I’m a pretty awful player.

I’m assuming you’re a high elo player?

That’s likely where supports are proportionally better as people have a minimum base of mechanical skill.

I find it interesting that dps are allowed to have high impact abilities with virtually no skill floor, whilst high impact supports need at least middling mechanics.

Mercy is often seen as weak, but the reasoning that this is fine is because she’s “not mechanically demanding” .

Seems like double standards…

I’ve had success as all support heroes except Ana and Zenyatta, honestly the new balance philosophy negatively affects the mobilityless Ana and Zenyatta more so than any other heroes. They should honestly remove sleep dart and give Ana a grappling hook or something, than give Zen a mobility passive of some kind. Heroes without mobility don’t work in OW2.

1 Like

You sound like the toxic one to me. Just because people don’t agree with your opinion , doesn’t mean they are toxic.

2 Likes