When will skins age out of premium

Are all ow2 skins always gonna be premium currency only or will they ever age out and be available for credits

Will this be popcorn Worthy? Yes, Yes it will be…Want some?

It’s been 18 months and they have not offered any OW2 skins for credits. It’s unlikely they will ever move those cosmetics to credits.

It looks like they occasionally make a select few OW2 skins “for free” with a PS Plus or XBox Game Pass subscription, or through a Twitch promotion.

Anniversary event or promotions are the only freebies and those are skins selected by Blizzard themselves, most likely for not selling well. There’s also the occasional event skin for completing usually painful challenges.

1 Like

Probably not, but they genuinely should. At least for Epics.
Legendaries being premium I can understand.

But… epics…?

They have. During the anniversary event we were able to buy some with credits. Then like you said, through things like twitch drops, Amazon prime etc. But I doubt there will be a certain amount of time that then allows skins to be credits.

Ah, right. I forgot about the anniversary stuff.

Seems like you’re not quite familiar with F2P games monetizations. And also they did give some stuff for free when it originally cost coins, like the greek god roadhog skin, the blue steel baptiste, this one cursed pirate reaper when ow2 came out, and probably some that I missed but you get the point

Just a guess but I imagine it would be several years gone by before they start giving away old skins for free. And even then, at the price they currently are for OW2, they will not be cheap for free credits either.

At the very least they should be available for credits one year after they were released

I would love some! Is there enough to share?

1 Like

No. Money equals happiness.

-america probably-

Nobody here can answer this lol

It might happen someday after its been so long that you dont even care anymore yourself

The Anniversary Event had some OW2 shop skins available with credits, but most of them were the ugly ones / the ones that didnt sell well. Maybe you are a new players, common, mistake.

They sometimes give OW2 shop skins for free in twitch drops.

But don’t expect to see a “good” skin like Lifeguard Mercy being free, never. Although, they surprised me with Calavera Reaper, I know it’s an epic skin, but really with some skins in OW2 being “legendary” like Gingerbread Bastion, Mime Moira or that Le Sserafim JR skin, I really could see Calavera Reaper being legendary cuz at least that do changes his head and gives Reaper a flame effect.

And yeah, they know that the most of the “best” skins are usually on the shop and NOT in the BP. For example, from S4, I literally didnt like any of the legendary or epic skins in the S4 BP, but I wanted that Bap Boba Fett skin, but no way I’m paying 20 dollars just for a skin for one characters I almost never use.

i thought they disabled the thing of items being locked behind overwatch coins? the only things that should still be coin only is the battlepass and shop event skins. maybe im misremembering and its only OW2 skins which are still locked behind coins. ive purchased items for Venture with credits

Bro, if you could literally get any OW2 shop cosmetics with credits, revenue would go like 50% or something. (based on the fact that OW said they make the most revenue with just the BP)

Some Base Skins are buyable with Credits and Shopskins lose their time limitation after around a Year after the initial release. It could be possible that Shopskins will be available for credits after two or three years.
We will see what will happen.

That was in response to backlash about something, but I forget what it was all about exactly.
If said backlash hadn’t happened, it would have been in the shop for 1900 credits along with the rest of the Halloween skins.

since this product exists solely to milk players for money - never.