When RQ hits QP

Because by the logic of the playerbase, whoever heals/tanks in QP does so because they enjoy the characters even if they are dying 15 times to the enemy flankers.

Apparently support and tank players genuinely love being that person who nurtures others even when what they’re doing is a complete waste of their time… that’s why it’s fine to leave a tank/support to do their job of babysitting 5 instalock dps.

I mean, it will make things easier for the people who flex to win, but it seems that the majority of QP players are ones who put their own fun above the game’s objective. That’s why I think RQ QP will not work.

at least i’ll not get 5-1 matches anymore and be answered with “its just qp” when i said 5-1 isn’t working on mid matches.

2 Likes

With comp compositions helped through 2,2,2 i’ll probably play way more comp.

But i like that it comes to qp so I can play it with my friends too.

Arcades = different rules so i’m happy it comes to qp too.

15 minute matches in QP are rare, it’s going to be around 10 minutes or less.

If you actually want to win, you switch to your main and end it in 5 minutes.

QP regulars don’t normally play their best heroes, most don’t even pick their top 5. They pick on what’s the most fun.

If you force a 2-2-2, you’re not going to get main tanks, just tanks that feed, and whoever’s tanking is not going to have a good time.

I’ll probably end up playing more Comp than QP if they remove what made QP fun.

As a QP tank regular that often gets 2-2-2 and 3-2-1 comps, you’ll still get the “It’s just QP” any time someone complains about teammates not playing seriously.

You’ll get it even more when you realize you’re only getting off tanks that keep feeding enemy ults instead of the main tanks you want.

That’s why it’s called Quick Play. It was for quick games, not #LolItsQP.

It’s as if everyone who plays the game thinks that if you don’t gain/lose SR, it doesn’t matter.

I’ll definitely do QP 100% of the time.

Only doing Comp now cause bored and can’t LFG QP groups… Plus the season literally doesn’t matter, cause #Beta.

1 Like

Well you might as well rename QP classic to dps only. Cause no support or tank player is ever going to play the mode that basically exists for the salty dps only players who can’t wait for there well deserved queue times

The issue is most tank/support/flex/filk will play QP. Most impatient DPS will go play arcade. Basically, it will split the playerbase and turn arcade into DPSWatch which will make a lot of people quit the game.

If the players who are quitting the game are the dps only selfish players, I fail to see how this is a problem .

2 Likes

The game losing players is objectively bad and hurts everyone.

5 Likes

Given how popular multi-DPS compositions were in QP, I think regular QP will probably fizzle out and most will go QPC. We already see long queue times for DPS in a game mode where 2-2-2 was generally already respected; they’ll be obscene in a mode where it clearly wasn’t.

And no one is going to wait for a ‘quick match’.

5 Likes

QP right now, despite being the mode played by the majority of the playerbase, is ending up saturated by former Comp players with outdated MMRs.

You can usually tell the state of your teammates in QP, there’s a certain level of consistency that allows you to work with a team if you can follow the MMR. It’s just chaos here right now, far more than usual.

A significant chunk of your Comp playerbase left and is now in QP.

who exactly said quickplay is the casual pick whatever do whatever mode exactly? It says quickplay. not super casual play. This notion that a lot of players considered it as a comp training room was the problem in the first place. Casual belongs to arcade. Quickplay was where you could play seriously without worrying about your rank.

2 Likes

i rarely complain if a teammate isn’t playing seriously, unless they are blatantly throwing. i dont care if they play off tanks, sometimes it works. but i complain when my team is running 5-1 and it doesn’t work. and most of the time they said “it’s just qp” when i asked them to switch to a more effective comp. at least i won’t be getting that anymore.

Your argument is basically self defeating for the reason you described.

1 Like

QP classic, there is no way I will play RQ in QP, if I want RQ I will play comp.

2 Likes

Same. If i’m going to be locked in a role anyway, i may as well just go practice my new heroes in comp and get some points towards a golden gun out of it.

and how exactly is it contradicting? Because i used the phrase comp training room? You want to give me a wordplay fault here? Or the fact that you can’t imagine a situation where someone wants to play seriously while not having a number next to their name indicating their rank? Just because quickplay doesn’t have a visible MMR and you won’t go up and down with every win or loss, doesn’t mean people should take it super casually, throw, screw around and consider it a training room simulation. It’s there so that people can play seriously without the consequences of losing. But I’m pretty sure a lot of people see that as a casual zone to just do whatever and not care.

Well now i guess, you can join arcade quickplay for that. I’m sure you’ll have fun with 4 insta dps locks and 6 dps teams and all that in there.

RQ in QP doesn’t suddenly mean you can’t try new heroes. Wanna try Ana? Don’t queue for DPS, easy. “no support” / “no tank” messages can stay in arcade where it belongs.

They’ll just change the MMR range for each match from “loose” to “just a vague suggestion”.

1 Like