When RQ hits QP

Will you conform to the queue times or will you go to QP classic in arcade?

I honestly have a feeling the new QP will be deserted. QP is where people go to try new heroes, where they can be lousy in a character and it’s fine, because they’re practicing.

Implementing role queue on a mode that’s supposed to be casual seems to defeat its purpose.

17 Likes

That’s why they split it into “Unranked” and “Lol it’s just Quickplay”

22 Likes

I’ll probably just play QP-2-2-2 all the time. The only reason I play comp is because you get decent team comps there.

25 Likes

QP is that. Its quick. Competitive forces you to play the same map on both rotations with some annoying additional comp rules if both sides go all the way. Therefore, you play on the same map again. You can easily go 20-30 minutes for one game.

QP is nice in that you have faster map rotations and as there is really nothing on the line people are willing to play various other stuff and not care too much.

However, people tend to go to an extreme of not caring. Its fine for people to run symmetra, but we don’t need the whole team doing something weird.

2/2/2 greatly fixes that

6 Likes

Yeah but what are they practicing for? They practice for comp.

Why play Ana on a team of 5 DPS to practice for comp when it has role queue?

Arcade is meant to be the casual mode where people can dick around

3 Likes

I think i might quit altogether.

14 Likes

I actually play QP seriously, or at least semi-seriously. It is the mode I use to train and warm up for Comp. I wouldn’t have improved in Comp if I didn’t take QP as seriously as I do.

I’ll always play QP 2-2-2 lol. Why should I even consider playing with a bunch of buffoons in QP “Classic”, when I can play Deathmatch if I want to play DPS and kill a bunch of people randomly?

5 Likes

I think RQ QP will have a healthy population. Not everyone likes RQ, but among those that do, many prefer QP to comp.

Personally, I expect QP classic to be either a ghost town or entirely populated by DPS.

12 Likes

Long Live OG Overwatch, 05/24/2016 - 09/01/2019.

Almost 3 years of gameplay freedom, good times!

:bouquet:

8 Likes

Welp, i play with friends so they gona choice, if i gona have no one to play with i just change game :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I missed where they said this, got a link?

My gut tells me that QP dps queue times are going to make the ones in comp appear instant. Will have to wait and see though.

2 Likes

I think they meant that:
RQ QP = “unranked” comp mode
QPC = “Lol it’s just quickplay”

5 Likes

Which is fine. The 2/2/2 means your team and the enemy team can’t try to play like they are in some sort of free for all as literally tanks and supports lack so many tools to enable that style of play.

Granted you can still have the aggro rein, winston, hammond, moira, lucio that use movement abilities to try to flank. However, that style if very limited and there is no stand from the rear of the team and shoot stuff except for Ana and Orisa and Zenyatta.

2/2/2 just cuts out so much of the bulls**t gameplay people try to pull.

If you’re having to wait 20+ minutes for a match that last 10-15 mins then it’s not fine. Casual players will be playing half the amount of matches. Unlike an MMORPG where you can do things while waiting in a queue, you don’t have that here. People will leave the game.

1 Like

If the queue times are too long, I’m going to arcade. I’m not going to wait 20 minutes to play what I want if I can get a game in less than 2 minutes, it’s quick play, who hasn’t won a game without 2-2-2 lock?

2 Likes

Arcade only. I honestly barely play this game because I hate the removal of hero stacking and that made me quit QP for the most part. When QP gets gutted against to cater to the competitive casual gamer crowd I just won’t play it, I’m not waiting 20 minutes to play a Mei game for 5-10 minutes.

For me, its the case of OW is most fun with the 2/2/2 type mentality. 3/2/1 has been fun as well, but 4/1/1 or 5/1/- or 6/-/-- against another such team makes matches are too chaotic. You die from random sh**. Yes, those comps can work, but they are never any fun to run into at all.

The game is not about trying to kill people, but instead get an objective and the gameplay around that type of strategic work. Too many people do not play OW like that at all and just treat it like another battle royale where its the last person surviving instead of working at a team to gain an advantage.

So, in the end, I am fine with having an ultimatium of play multiple roles of f*** yourself for trying to play FFA in a non-FFA mode.

If people still want to play FFA style at least it will usually only be like 1 person on the team and not the entire damn team doing it since they cannot pick characters that let them even attempt to play like that.

2 Likes

In a weird way, I have a feeling role lock will affect the amount of smurfs we see in-game. I mean, who’d want to purchase a new account just to sit in queue times, trying to level it up.

3 Likes

OG Overwatch died when they added the hero limit, so that date’s not right.