When can i earn owl tokens

And can people currently living on Portugal receive them?

According to the last known release of the Overwatch League Tokens official rules, yes you should be eligible to earn the tokens if you live in Portugal. However, the 2020 season of the Overwatch League has ended. According to a recent video released by Vice President of Overwatch Esports Jon Spector, the upcoming Overwatch League season will not be starting until “Spring of 2021” (presumably in April). So there will be no direct ways to earn Overwatch League Tokens at this time. However, you may always purchase Overwatch League Tokens in your appropriate game platform store. Purchase OWL Tokens for PC on the Blizzard Battle.Net Shop or visit the digital store of your video game console platform.

Occasionally Overwatch League Teams may have independent OWL token code giveaways on Twitter, so be sure to follow each of the Overwatch League teams and keep an eye out for contests, giveaways, and more.

If you are looking to earn free rewards for watch Overwatch right now, be sure to log in for the Symmetra Restoration Challenge by watching up to 6 hours of eligible Overwatch streams on Twitch (Hurry only 2 days left!).

Also starting next month tune into Overwatch Contenders exclusively on OverwatchContenders.com as the various regions will be begining the 2020 Gauntlet Tournaments where the best Tier 2 Teams compete for huge prizes and you can earn Junkrat, Zenyatta, Symmetra*, and Mercy* skins by watching to up 20 hours of eligible Contenders streams. Details on the official schedule will be coming soon.

*Symmetra and Mercy are being redistributed for anyone who failed to earn them in October due to streaming issues that month.

1 Like

Do you know about if there will be a season starting skin next season like GOATs Brig was? Is it worth saving 200 tokens until next season?

theres echo’s mvp skin coming up i think

1 Like

Always a good idea, also if you really want to play it safe and you are a hardcore skin collector, try to be saving up money just in case any more teams get a recolor this year. Last year a month before the start of the season, the San Francisco Shock, Los Angeles Valiant, and the Florida Mayhem all released all new team colors and the old skins are now Legacy (no longer purchasable).

Now, I have heard absolutely no news of any more team will recolor or not but it would not be surprising of they did.

What he refers to is a skin that was released specifically for the start of the OWL season.

The way I see it it’s never a bad idea to hold onto about 400 tokens to spare in case of any unexpected surprises.

Do teams announce that they are going to change their colour before doing so?

Also non related question but do the team jerseys have to do anything with their skins in game? For example, Shanghai skin is yellow and red ingame but their jersey is red and black?

The other team jerseys matches with their skins. I don’t understand how this works or maybe shanghai might actually change their skin? Welp just some speculation I guess.

I would be surprised if Shock and Outlaws doesnt react to the OWL and Contenders skins being too similar.

The season is supposed to start in Spring, but I believe they said they’re having off season tournaments, so maybe tokens will be available then

Yessss…ish. We only got fair warning on Twitter. Not on OverwatchLeague.com, not in the game. I had to go out of my way here on the forums to really work to alert everyone here the skins were going away.

Not exactly, and many of the teams now have had 3 to 4 variations of Jerseys now. Most notably the Jersey’s were redesigned by a designer label called “Staple” last year.

Heh… they are not as similar as you would think. Houston Outlaws skins are predominantly black with green highlights, San Francisco Shock skins are dark grey with orange highlights, Contenders skins are gloriously bright green with white highlights.

To clarify there will be a series of what I think are “show-matches” called Shock versus the World during BlizzConline this February. Details coming soon.

1 Like

So like will you receive info on it again if a team changes it? Is following their twitter enough to know?

Well we got advance warning when we saw the old skins get labeled “2018” in a PTR patch a few weeks before it updated into the live game. If it is any comfort, you will find me making a romp about it here and on my dedicated Twitter feed @dropswatch if any changes to OWL skins are coming.

1 Like

Wait san francisco shock? So like they gonna fight against pre made teams that entered into the competition? I believe we dont have details yet but is it the San Francisco shock or something else shock.

I believe it is San Francisco Shock, going to be working to smack down a bunch of Tier 2s, community teams, and other notable faces.

Wow that would be so interesting. Like imagine some unknown team just beats SF shock.

Indeed, but they may be running matches using special rulesets like they did for All-Stars.

So like custom workshop modes or no info on what kinda rulesets yet?

Possibly one game will play under the “Tiny Overwatch” workshop ruleset which was a massively popular match during All-Stars. They also did a round of Mystery Heroes in another game. Again, who knows details will come…

1 Like

Thanks for all the info! I had no idea about shock vs the world. I’d definitely watch that.