Wheelchair Hero When?

:joy: thatā€™s a great point. I think ball counts.

Empowered dps no doubt.
P.S. Society is predictable as a reaction on "provoking " messages :slight_smile:

I surrender.

So we need a wheelchair hero with a corgi.

We have gay heroes, trans incoming, black heros, asians, 40-year old white male, robots,fat heroes, animals, scientists, idiots, ninjas, dwarf, granny, blind skin for Illari, I guess it would fit right in.

I have a parking ticket for taking two parking spots, I can do for a model.

1 Like

Is this a continuation of the DND debate?
For me, it does not really makes sense in the High tech World of Overwatch to have the need for wheelchairs. We have a huge variety of Cybernetics, from Arms and eyes to Full Body ones. We have Levitation. We have incredible powerful healing (even resurrections).
A simple Wheelchair would feel complete out of place for a Hero.

1 Like

I think thatā€™d be cool, tbh. Maybe they donā€™t need a wheel chair and can hover with tech.

ive always wanted to build a staircase to the top of a skyscraper in busan downtown, and jump off

weeeeeeeeeeee

Why would anyone have wheelchair in 2070?

I know we will never get jetpack cat. But wheelchair cat could be cool. It would be odd but interesting?

Itā€™s gotta be a Charles Xavier-like chair (yellow hover chair)
ā€œTo me! My, Allies!ā€
Moira quotes Anime/Manga, Wheelchair quotes Marvel/Cartoons.

Character Motivation
They are looking for Moira for a cure to their condition.

Technically he does have a speech disability, and uses an assistive voice module through his mecha.

We need a cute transwoman character too.

Iā€™m waiting for the 20 year old white guy hero, oh yea itā€™s never going to happen :rofl:

People be like

*Fantasy legchairs? OMG, they should have something more realistic than COMBAT WHEELCHAIRS. What are they supposed to do. SUE the dungeon masterā€™s lich into compliance unless their 1000 year old lair has a elevator to the guest room?"

Overwatch be like

ā€œOMG. Sojourn has no legs and uses Prosethics? Porstethics obviously arenā€™t what weā€™re taking about here. They need to roll downhill and when hacked by Sombra they lose their ability to sprint, just like solder 76ā€™s legs. Oh, and if You ask if they can float like Zenyatta. The internet gustapo will appear to arrest you. :sweat_smile:ā€

But fr though, does Sojourn (cyborg legs) count. Or do we need Orisawheelchair, Orisaā€™s creative Notcousin. A four wheeled horse on a wheelchair to add diversity points?

I mean im all for fair representation and i do sympasize with those people who say ā€œIt should be my choice, how i want to represent myself in MY fantasy game. And it should be MY choice, not someoneā€™s else who say their fantasy should be erasing me from existence in a dnd game.ā€

But overwatch 2 is literally a game you open on PUSH and you PUSH to see PUSHED proesthic ads all over the toronto push map. I wouldnā€™t object to a professor X vs sigma type. A powerful telepath type in a wheelchair.

But itā€™s the small things. I just got back from a game that simulated the turning speed of a actual wheelchair for immersion and it was just AWFUL.

First off. they went SO realistic, you couldnā€™t rotate more than 12 degrees a second.

You RAN into walls all the time.

You got stuck turning backwards in hallways.

And the psychopath used generated unreal engine terrain so your character bounced out of the chair, got ran over, and then fell over the side of mountains.

Thereā€™s a fine line between ā€œacceptable breaks from realityā€ and ā€œwtf jesusā€

We donā€™t use that word in Overwatch.

We use ā€˜Hinderedā€™ to talk about those types of people.

:joy:

Why is this troll bait post still alive?

considering that matches are still rigged, every hero is a wheelchair hero any given game.

diego loses entire current match. Unless devs reverse rig it, live, to counteract prediction.

I dont think its a great idea. People in wheel chairs get pushed around a lot. They also never stand up for themselves. Not hero like imo.

1 Like

diego loses entire current match. Unless devs reverse rig it, live, to counteract prediction.

What i think could be cool

Head fantasy: Imagine a war grizzled, cigar smoking, legless landmine s76 like villain. Origin story of them being a defender who stormed against the terrorists, saved kids against a threat. Only to lose his legs to save a kid who had stepped onto a field full of land mines, sacrificing his own to save a kid.

Now legless, he sits, spitting a cigar as he hears the chatter. ā€œIā€™m not your burden to play withā€¦ Dearā€ he spits, tossing out the cigar. Helping himself into a custom built mechsuit, he climbs up, the ragged remains of his legs visible as he sits within the cockpit. His arms going for the thrusters."

He flies into the skies, bombing 27 more places. His M1, a gravity gatling hitscan that pulls people to the ground. His M2, a grappling hook that can be hold tug enemies TO HIM, or hold them to make easier targets (like pharah), or launch himself at them 70% diva + 20% hog style, like a whip pull chain as he smashes into them.

His shift, a mech blade attack where he leaps through enemies, maybe a double tap A/D to double dash sprint to the side and do a barrel roll, or evasive jump backwards.

He could focus as a movement restrictor tank, pelting down Pharahs while also offering decent poke dps and grapples. For his E he could deploy a machine gun barrier he or his allies could use to pelt enemies. And for his Q, he could pull out a extremely dangerous flamethrower, melting down his enemies while both of his arms turned into saws with enhanced mobility for a mow down.

What i expect blizzard to deliver

Grandma In Wheelchair Slides Down The Driveway - YouTube