Whats your total win rate?

I feel like you finally explained your issue here. You’re thinking they’re forcing a 50% winrate by stacking the cards against you to force you to lose.

Or maybe the other team happens to be a group that works together better than the last team. Given how much of this game relates to team work, the individual skill of the players is only one part of a successful team.

But it’s probably blizzard trying to keep hidden-GM’s in gold.

This is some top500 bait though.

Ok… you gave 2 reasons. This still doesnt mean the system is not flawed. Other games are more neck2neck. There is a flaw in the system, its up to Blizzard to work it out. It’s in their own benefit

Btw im not saying the system makes us lose. just that it is flawed

It means there are other possibilities. You need to prove somehow that the system really is flawed.

You are 113-302 record this season which is like 25% win rate… are you intentionally throwing? (and still maintaining Diamond rank some how, which is only proving our point)

I’m producing this winrate by leaving midround and rejoining. This automatically adds a loss to my profile, even if I come back and win.

The proof? Look at the number of games I’ve played per hour:

430games/45hours = 9.6games/h

That’s effectively double (proving my above reasoning) what I had last season, which is

461games/92hours = 5.0games/h

The amount you’ve played:

109/20 = 5.5games/h

Secondly, if you were even slightly skeptical you would realise it’s actually impossible to maintain diamond at this winrate, which should have been a red flag. But instead you like to assassinate character…

What are you hoping to get out of this experiment

Seeing how far it goes

and then…?

20 chara

Because the system is supposed to give evened out, neck to neck matches. Not matches steam roll or be steam rolled. So if that system is not able to achieve it’s goal, it is flawed.

The system is designed to place people of equal or similar rank together.

And why would they design it like this? … What would the end-goal be of this approach? What kind of matches would they like to provide?

Comon you can get this. I believe in you.

Would it be:
a) balanced competitive matches (ie: neck to neck)
b) unbalanced competitive matches (ie: one team getting steamrolled)

1 Like

50% winrate just means that you’re placed where you belong.
Over time, you’ll slowly climb as you’re impoving at the game.

I actually got curious and calculated my own winrate; 267 games played across seasons 4, 5, 6, 8 & 9 with 165 wins, which puts me at a 62% winrate. I climbed from 1410 to 3546 like this. dunno but the forced 50% never seemed to ring true in my case

The end goal is as I stated, to place people of equal or similar rank together. Matches can seem unbalanced due to the factors I laid out before (although note these are not every reason… i.e throwers, unexpected poor performance, etc):

I would also like to point out that CP maps (i.e Ilios) are really balanced (so clearly you’ve not done the research).

For example, one of the reasons CP maps were reduced from a best of 5 to a best of three was that a lot of the time the point was 99%-99%. As proof, see the “Developer Update | Upcoming Season 6 Changes | Overwatch” at 3:35

Secondly, you have not proven a magnitude in terms of the number of one-sided matches. How many one-sided matches are there? How many should you really be expecting (realistically, not idealisitcally)?

where these the only seasons you played ?

I think part of the point of the original poster is that the system is artificially funneling you into a system where if you win or lose too often, it’s putting you into matches against people where you have an advantage, or a disadvantage, which is making these matches feel as if they’re automatic stomps on one side or another. That makes the match feel very uneven. I think the complaint here is that if you’re doing exceptional, you should win, but not stomp. That’s what equal teams means, and that the match maker should never put you into or against a team that’s got the advantage. If the match maker can match you to teams that are very equal, then it can always do that.

I agree with that sentiment. If I’m being matched equally, but our team wins 5 out of 5 games, then my next 3 matches shouldn’t put me up against people who are better, they should put me up with people who are equal, but even officially, Blizzard has equated that this isn’t what’s happening. Yes, if you continue to improve, then the quality of player you’re going up against should also improve, but you shouldn’t get stomped.

Let’s put it into a simple concept, numerically.

Say your team has a 1-10 rating. Say yours is 5. You should go up against another team that’s a 5. If you win 5 matches in a row and the game decides you’ve improved, it should increase your team score to 6, and put you up against 6’s. It isn’t though. Assuming I’m understanding the dynamics of the match system properly, it’s not only saying your team is a 6 now, but it’s fed up with your winning streak, so it puts your team, a 6, up against an opposing team, which is a 6.5. Is it 6? Yes. If you’re in gold, are they gold? Yes, but you just made gold, but the match maker didn’t put you up against teams that just made gold, they put you up against teams that are upwards towards diamond. The match is skewed in their favor, which is why if you win, you get more points than if they win, because the game knows it’s skewed in their favor.

So what happens is that as you improve, you’re periodically being placed in matches where you’re either the better ranked team, or where the other team is the better ranked team, or in other words, the team with the edge.

This is why you get into matches where you either seem to stomp them, or they stomp you, almost as if something really funny and off-putting is going on.

When things are equal, you should never stomp, or be stomped. These matches shouldn’t feel almost like you were destined to fail.

Here are some indicators (that I’ve noticed, anyway) that spell almost automatic fail:

1. Multiple people on the opposing team are often on fire, and none of yours are.
  2. The opposing team keeps you locked at the start and unable to advance for some reason.
  3. One or more players on the opposing team is raking in the kills, where your team’s gold elims player has only a few. Maybe they have 4 and gold, and their team’s top elim player has 15 and gold, with multiple teammates having more than your team’s 4 and gold.
  4. The opposing team seems to be able to push the objective in a way in which nothing seems to slow them down. Your entire team comes at them and they kill all of you and lose nobody, or maybe one person, and the match lasts a few minutes tops because of this.

These for me have always been indications of an auto-lose. My theory here is that one of a few potentials are happening.

1. The opposing team is smurfing, and we’re playing against a high-ranking player.
  2. The opposing team isn’t “smurfing” per-say, but they have a player(s) that is insanely accurate, and is effectively solo killing half your team, and the match maker isn’t taking that skill level into account because maybe their win/losses and such are where they are because of the nature of the ranking system itself, and they really shouldn’t be playing at that rank, but it is what it is.
  3. The opposing team is comprised of players who play together often, and when that happens, I’ve noticed a trend that the match maker also tries to match my team up with people who play together. Well take number 2 and compound it. If you have two or three friends who are all good on the opposing team, and you get a band of 2-3 who are mediocre (at getting elims, for example), you’re likely to get stomped.
  4. Team composition. Maybe team composition is too powerful. If the players have equal skill, then they should be able to hold their own (maybe not win, but hold their own) so long as they have a tank, support, and damage on their side and know how to play them at least to the degree that the opposing team knows how to play their heroes. If the opposing team’s composition is such that everything else being equal, they stomp you into the ground like you’re a bronze team playing diamond or higher, then maybe some of the heroes, or hero combinations, are flat out too overpowering when compared to other compositions, and more care should be taken into account when scrutinizing this for balancing purposes.

Not everybody–in fact I would assume it as self-evident that almost nobody when held up to the total playerbase–plays Overwatch to be ultra-competitive, play 40+ hours a day kinda players who go pro, or have a goal to make grandmaster. The majority of the playerbase just wants to play, have fun, and do a little bit of competing with their free time. That being said, if your team comp alone is so overpowering to another team comp that everything else being equal, you stomp them into the ground as if you were all 2 ranks above them, then all that’s telling me is that this game is–from a developmental perspective–created with the top 1% or so in mind.

And that’s silly.

I should feel–as an average player–like every match I play on is a fairly close match, especially on competitive. If I enter the game and within the first 2 minutes feel as if this is already a loss, something’s seriously wrong. I’ve realized I am predicting the outcome of my matches with high accuracy, and that shouldn’t be possible.

1 Like

I get an action taken message like every time I report someone lol

Matchmaker at low elo is hot trash. Loads of new players getting placed mid gold and crashing down, dragging teams down with them.

I’d advise against solo queue as games tend to be decided by which team has fewer feeders/ throwers or leavers on them.

Had a gold game where our Rein and Dva played like trash that made bronze look good. SR system is correct within several hundred SR, but I can see myself losing games at 1k SR or winning at 2.7k SR depending on the team mates that I get given. And the system influences what team mates you get via MMR which is derived via your stats. And these depend a lot on your team mates (Unless you dps…)

No it’s not since forced winrate doesn’t exist
Just a fallacy that people created since they were/are to weak minded to accept the fact that until they improve they do belong in their current rank.

this acc has like 48

main has around 55%