Whats your total win rate?

Anyway back on point, how do you think this forced 50% win rate works?

You admit that over a season it might not be 50%. When does this special mechanism kick in? After 100 games? 500 games? 1000 games? It doesn’t. Everything you’ve written suggests you know it’s just the result of a statistical process arising from the fact that the match maker tries to put you in matches with a 50% chance of winning. I think the only thing left to go in this thread is your admission that the match maker works and everything is fine.

1 Like

its not exactly 50% man… 51% 52% 53% 48% 49% all the same…

Neither mathematical comprehension nor analytical thought are your strong suits either apparently.

2 Likes

It seems because OP is either a troll or just an extremely closed minded person who, once they have grasped into an idea, cannot listen to anything that contradicts it. But 190 posts is a lot considering everybody but OP has been talking to a brick wall.

1 Like

I’m 37-37 so far this season.

1 Like

What is your total win rate :slight_smile:

Just for reference :slight_smile: I took the last 3 posters to defend this system in here record.

Jex current record: 44-42
Maburo current record: 4-7
Secco27 current record: 48-47

imagine defending something despite CONCRETE evidence staring you in your face. If you cant be objective about something like this, they will fold under pressure on any subject if it involves anything they are fans of.

You mean concrete evidence that they are at the elo they belong in? Amazing.

1 Like

This theory only works if 100% of the games were close, even games til the very end. Which this is not the case.

You still fail to understand that a 50% chance to win does not mean the majority of your games are sweaty, drawn out matches. There’s way more that goes into that than your SR/MMR number. Not surprising, since you still don’t understand the difference between “forced 50% winrate” and 50% winrates over large sample sizes proving that a system trying to create 50/50 matches works.

1 Like

If people were in their true ELO as you keep stating, they would be…

No, and the reasons why have already been stated multiple times in this thread.

Oh yeah, because a cat may walk on someone keyboard :roll_eyes:

Look, you can repeat your “CONCRETE evidence” all you want. I’m not refuting that most players here have close to a 50% win rate over their play history. I get it. What I (and others) am trying to explain to you is that doesn’t necessarily imply that we are being forced to win 50% of our matches by some hidden mechanic. A much simpler explanation, one which is backed up by mathematics, is this:

When every game you play is matched up so that your team has close to a 50% chance to win, then after playing many games you should expect to have close to a 50% win rate.

You seem to have ignored every attempt to explain this, and you respond as if we are denying that most players will have a 50% win rate. We’re simply providing a simpler, natural explanation to what you are trying to observe in this post. I can’t say for sure that Blizzard isn’t forcing us to win or lose by some hidden mechanic. But that isn’t necessary in order to observe most players having close to a 50% win rate.

When being objective about something one tends to open their mind to simpler and more natural explanations.

1 Like

Yesterday I ended up 12-2 :smiley:

today 1-4 :smiley:

No game today has been close :smiley: 100% first point holds/wins on 1st push on enemy team :smiley:

But remember guys when you lose its because the match maker is giving you a fair 50% shot to win and you belong where you are at :smiley:

obviously 12 hours later im a worst player :frowning:

Wouldn’t that just mean you are where you should be?

Since you win about 50% of your games?

You couldn’t mantain a 85% winrate? Must be the evil matchmaker holding you down, nothing to do with facing better opposition as you climb.
We also don’t know if you stacked then started losing solo :thinking:

If you get triggered over losses, you play worse. Nothing unusual, happens to everyone. That’s why I stopped getting triggered over losses and I haven’t got loss streaks of more than 3 or 4 losses ever since.
Plus, barely anyone plays consistent and especially in gold and plat a lot of players are really inconsistent.

I’ve climbed over 1000 SR ever since I stopped blaming my teammates and actually tried improving at the game without caring about my SR and always keeping a positive mindset. You can climb, you just need the right mindset and I can tell by what you’re writing that you don’t have the required mindset.

Largest group ive ever played in was a trio, who were WAY below ranks of me and this is in previous seasons.

we dont know this because you refuse to post on your real account

I don’t know from where you get that this isn’t my real account since this is. If it’s because you can’t access my profile from the forums, that’s most likely because I play on EU servers and haven’t logged into US servers ever since the new forums exist.

If you want to see my stats, you can see my battletag in the URL of my forum profile. Just copy it and you can look up my stats anywhere. Masteroverwatch should have seasonal stats all the way back to S2 (excluding S7-S9 since I didn’t play a single game during those seasons).

Edit: The time when I stopped blaming my teammates was back during S2 btw, near the end of it. I’ve just seen that Masteroverwatch doesn’t display S2 ranks anymore apparently. But I ended around 2170, season high of 2.2k. Before I started improving, I was usually around 1950-2050 if I remember correctly

3044 now by the way :smiley: