Whats up with all the missing maps?

Maps like Havana, Rialto and Numbani are missing. There might be more I’m not certain. I just wanna know why.

plenty of multiplayer games remove maps from rotation, usually until the next season or something. i’m not entirely sure why but I think maybe it has something to do with server space?? or something??

1 Like

There is a map pool, sadly… As if it wasn’t already bad enough that they removed content (2CP and many maps), they now decided it was a great idea not to have all the available maps during a given season…

2 Likes

Yeah, I also thought about that which would be pretty embarrassing for the OW team…

2 Likes

OW2 has map pools, so some maps won’t be available. The maps in the pool will change each season (every 9 weeks).

As for the reason, Blizzard says they want each season to feel different, and that’s one of the ways they hope to accomplish that.

1 Like

That sounds like a pain in the ayss. I can’t play my favourite map because they want the game to feel different every season? What if they make bad map choices for one season? I feel like the game would stay fresh if they didn’t limit us to a handful of maps. But I guess if they don’t want to make new content they can just re-release old content ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that’s the actual reason. They aren’t going to be releasing content fast enough for a live service game, so they have to artificially simulate novelty by taking away old content and re-releasing it later.

1 Like

They also said it was so they could work on the maps that are not in rotation to improve them. As if a map is like a car and has to be taken off the road while it is worked on? Very odd.

Maybe they don’t realise we can play on 1 version of a map while the work on a new version. Anyways…

1 Like

Every push map is worse

Well it’s not a high bar.

I vote to remove them too :partying_face:

Although I do think that Havana with no barriers and 200hp Widow will be hell for absolutely everybody. Oh boy I cant wait!

1 Like