Whats the point of the forums

No, seriously? Aside from maybe 3 whole examples, when has the overwhelming feedback ever been used?

It feels like no matter how big the outcry for controversial nerfs are, or no matter how many times several people, including Youtubers and content creators said some nerfs are bad ideas, they just end up going through anyways?

Whats the point in complaining when all of it just gets passed through, only to be “fixed” later by building upon that issue?

3 Likes

Well, my cell phone can’t handle mobile games or the battery goes dead and buried, so when I’m on the crapper there’s that.

8 Likes

Reading feedback =/= agreeing with you.

The forums are used for more than feedback, though. Yeah, a lot of people complain or talk about things that need changing or don’t need changing, but people also come here to learn. I know, that sounds crazy. But this is the place I come to when I have questions about how mechanics work, or certain strategies, etc. etc.

It’s a place for us to come together and talk with each other, not just talk at Blizzard.

It’s also a place for OW-related drama

3 Likes

To be fair, they agree with basically nobody and it results in some pretty weird balance.

2 Likes

they do use forums for feedback. if forums ask for something you know to ignore it, and if they say remove something you know not to. never listen to armchair back-seating zero experience game designers whose ideas are based on feels.
just last week they were having a melt down that mcree was going to become some 65% win rate monster, his win rate is barely 50 after the “insane” buff.

3 Likes

Dunno if I’d call it feedback but the outcry about Roadhog’s hook combo made them nerf him to the ground and then some.

I’m assuming, hoping more like, that the decisions they’re making are based on statistical data and not just on “wow, 37 people in the forums don’t seem to like this idea.”

The player base is so completely and totally divided in everything from mains to skill level to platforms that I just can’t see how they could take anything said here at all seriously.

1 Like

I know, right? I tried to warn them that their comments would not age well and they would look inept. Where they at, though?

Well he deserved it lmao hook was broken. It would go thru and around walls, corners etc then he’d just one shot you. It was garbage!

But there was also a lot of feedback saying it would ruin Hog, with overwhelming positive results

Low and behold, it ended up making him crap and Dive dominated for 8 months :confused:

Meanwhile us Hog mains can’t say we didn’t warn em.

The forums are a loud minority. Instantly changing the game based on the forums would be a horrible idea (see “Forum” versions of characters vs actual character numbers). however they do read the forums and the feedback they get here is likely considered in addition to other avenues of feedback.

3 Likes

Aye, same here

The forums are useful when there are good ideas in them. It’s just that 99% of the demands made by the forums are bad ones. Overwhelming feedback isn’t made any better by volume if the idea isn’t good.

1 Like

I see the forums used for 3 things.

1. The good old nerf this character or buff my main. I’m biased grr grr :t_rex:

2. The positive changers. The ‘hey I see you are having trouble against my main, here’s some tips to what they are weak to.’ The nostalgia trip threads, the guild threads, the suggesting of qol changes or bug fixes and tales of shotcalling that’ll save you from hell, those beautiful saints… :sob:

3. Memes and Cringe. Everyone fits into this and there’s no escaping.

1 Like

If you make good arguments with good reasoning, they do take them into consideration with what they already discuss internally if they’re working on that particular hero/issue.

To let us scream into a void to get it all out.

Bootloxes is worth all the pain tbh

I’m just here for Wicca

ahhh

1 Like