Whats the point of Priority Pass

If it never gets used because my que is always longer than the threshold?

2 Likes

It was just a poorly executed plan, if it’s improved upon then it could actually get a better reason for existing.

Though they could’ve probably fixed queue times without a priority pass.

1 Like

It was a good attempt with poor execution.

Has anyone actually successfully used them? Ive always gotten “returned because the queue was longer than expected”

2 Likes

My 1min Priority Queues are always a lie.

In fact, it’s nearer 4 almost every time, down from ‘6+’ standard. Only ever had a ‘Longer Queue’ refund once, though.

So it’s quicker for me, but it doesn’t do what it says on the tin.

1 Like

I have managed to use them sometimes, but yeah most times they get refunded back anyway… could be better.

1 Like

not surprised add this to the list of failed Blizz things

Well i mean not everything goes perfectly, especially if it’s still new and open for improvement.

If you duo queue with a support player and use the pass you get a game in like 2-3 mins. Lucky me

I use it all the time and it has helped tremendously with Q times, so that is the point.

1 Like

But if they dont get used up most of the time then people wont choose to flex because they will have priority passes available always. Defeats the purpose.

1 Like

That is why I said that people are in fact using them and is helping with Q times.

priority passes can improve the queue time for the players who use them, but the little discussed side effect of that is that they increase the queue time for other players who dont have them…in much the same way that line jumpers in a very long long add more wait time for the folks in the back part of said line

so these are really not a good solution to the excessive queue times resulting from 222

2 Likes

I normally play more tank/sup and don’t mind flexing, so I often have 40 priority points.
Last thursday i spontanous wanted to play a little bit DPS (Echo/Soldier) in Quickplay - the priority pass was very helpfull. :grin: Around 2-4 min (one time 8) waiting time (instead of 9+). Nice. :slightly_smiling_face: (xbox, EU.)

Who knows, maybe they’re so easy to come by that every dps is using a pass. Or maybe it’s something else. :smiley:

In theory it’s a good idea, but because you get so many passes per game and you can have so many at one time it makes everyone a priority, and then no one is priority

2 Likes

I know of no valid data that supports this.

I mean, he’s correct. It’s really a question of whether the effect of the increased supply of Tanks is greater than the effect of line-jumpers.

1 Like

He isnt, the system doesnt work for that way, his analogy is not applicable. It baffles me that someone thinks the devs would be that incompetent to put in a system like what he describes.

As somebody who has probably spent more time thinking about queue design than 90% of this forum combined, you got me confused about what sort of design you’re implying.

1 Like

And how do you know that, please do explain.

You dont really know how the system works do you?