What's the point of Mercy?

The only qualm I have is his e. It prevents death to multiple people and is on a lower cooldown than rez.

“But it’s stationary!” You mean just like mercy when she uses rez?

“But it can be destroyed!” You mean just like mercy when she uses rez, except it has 50 more health and can’t be stunned or booped?

“But it can be hacked!” You mean… just like mercy?

9 Likes

Indeed. Especially now that things have changed so drastically since her first rework, I think there would be no problem having Mass Rez back in the game with some balance tweaks. Either way, hopefully we will get so see some more love thrown Mercy’s way in the coming months. :blue_heart:

I understand completely. I’ve been boycotting from playing this game for almost a month now, due to the injustice done to Mercy, as well as other heroes. Ironically enough, even with the announcement of Baptiste, I still don’t feel any urge to get back into playing the game, exactly because of what you mentioned. I actually felt more of an urge to play after rumors went about that Mercy may have been given a silent buff in the PTR with her rez timing being improved. We’ll see if that actually sticks or not though, since it’s also rumored to just be a bug. But yeah, if they revert her ultimate and tweaked it from there, it’s be a huge victory for a lot of us I feel. With the looks of things right now… Hopefully that day will come sooner rather than later. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

5 Likes

So you should name yourself ReworkMercy then, because her old state was in no way balanced.

She’s had mostly improvements to every aspect of her kit (not including her ultimate).

My friends have great fun using Valkyrie which is why I exclude it.
They can carry fights with that healing and damage boost swapping (if properly timed).

It may not feel impactful to some, but that’s a matter of opinion.
It is in fact impactful in an actual game.

1 Like

And she may feel impactful to some, but that is also, a matter of opinion.
A lot of people still agree that she is not impactful in t he game, and needs buffs and or, a rework.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I prefer my current username as is - sorry! And You are entitled to your opinion, but I’m going to have to politely disagree. I believe that Mass Rez is most certainly balanceable, and was reworked prematurely, due to the “unfun to play against argument.” I would much rather have a revert plus tweaks. We’re going to have to agree to disagree on that one. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

mercy’s playstyle is COMPLETELY different than batptise… I like them both.

Immortality field is astronomically stronger and easier than rez.

It deploys instantly, has a 10 second shorter cooldown, effects the entire team, can be thrown long range and has a huge radius of effect.

Mercy needs buffs, shorter cd on res and a new ability to make her more engaging like a cleanse or granting a small damage resistance.

6 Likes

It’s not a glitch/bug, it’s an actual feature of Mercy’s kit. It was originally a glitch/bug, but the community’s positive response to this bug made the devs decide to reimplement the bug as a feature (made it where it wasn’t buggy, and made it an actual part of her).

2 Likes

First off, it wasn’t sololy reworked because it was unfun to play against. That was one of the multiple reason, and the biggest reason was that the devs saw a playstyle that they did not want.

Second, how does one balance Mass Rez?
Because without invulnerability it was useless.
With invulnerability it was broken on ladder and useless in pro play.

Putting anymore restrictions on something that was already useless without invulnerability will just make it even more useless

2 Likes

So… how about give it damage reduction instead of invul? Doesn’t protect against ults but does give her a greater change in general to live more of the time?

And/or how about give mercy an e that helps her survive using it sometimes but not all the time? Maybe on a long cooldown?

Maybe make mass rez need LOS?

Edit: I must add that Baptiste seems to basically have a better mass rez on cooldown :stuck_out_tongue: And the people don’t even need to be already dead for it to get value

Edit 2:
I should also add his ‘mass rez equivalent’ also has invul. Yeah one can shoot the frisbe but that’s not relevant all the time. So Mercy needing it to be an ULT, removing the need to kill a drone but then you get to kill Mercy talking away the ‘rez’ threat for a while AND a primary healer.

5 Likes

How dare they want a good Ultimate, I guess? (Because pressing Q and swinging a fight is what good Ultimates do in this game.)

One that, statistically, was seen as far more of a liability than an asset.

5 Likes

Question:

Define “broken on ladder”. By what metric is this being determined?

Impossible without adding a cast-time to it, which would be another restriction that would render it useless.

The fact that it was broken because it promoted an unhealthy playstyle and got removed, that metric

1 Like

Then you’re using circular logic. It was removed because it was broken because it was removed because it was broken.

It also makes the argument that every balancing decision Blizzard makes is correct.

2 Likes

Uhm no…
You fix/remove stuff that’s broken, depending on which solution fits best. Nothing circular about it.

Uhm no, because there’s valid reasoning behind the removal and we’re discussing one specific scenario not every balance decision they ever made.

You’re telling me that a healer, that stops healing and requires her teammates to die to have any form of impact is good design? Especially when it turns out that it promotes a bad playstyle

1 Like

I agree that Mass Rez could be balanceable, but that’s not a true revert.

A revert means you go back to the way things were before.

I’d expect there to be changes to other parts of her kit IMMEDIATELY (in the same patch) if they were to give her anything remotely similar to Mass Rez.

Which is reworking, by Blizzard’s standards.

I’m not against buffs or reworks to Mercy, I just think her ult should be the focus of buffs or nerfs.

1 Like

Right… I said I don’t think there is. I didn’t say you lack logic either, so thank you for admitting you were making things up there.

Sorry, you’re too sensitive. What I said was not rude.

The funny thing here is you are the one misunderstanding. Having a disagreement over the logic behind something is not rude. The way I said it is not rude. You are far, far too sensitive.

I’m not trying to be rude when I call you sensitive. It’s just the only word I have for someone who gets upset at a difference of opinion.

You mention the only fact in the quotes and not the opinions. Lovely. Thanks for showcasing your reading comprehension.

That one is a bit rude, but so is ignoring over half of what I quoted and saying “silly me” like you are being clever for omitting half of what I quoted.

And? Mercy has the same sentiment and I don’t care. You can also see a lot of people happy with the Symmetra changes.

I love that you put “experience” in quotes, as if that makes it such that it didn’t happen.

Hey hypocrite, how are you? Do you enjoy being rude in the way you complain about but for real?

It actually wasn’t. It was a half-assed joke that I expected you to take seriously, as you are.

I don’t care what fans of her old kit like, sorry.

Incorrect on all counts. You’re really good at being wrong and overly sensitive!

I didn’t assume anything based on your avatar. I wasn’t even looking at it.
I resorted to sort of petty jokes not because I had no arguments left, but because I had no more arguments I wanted to give the over sensitive OW poster.

I don’t need anymore arguments. You’ve solidified yourself as a super sensitive person who thinks that a simple disagreement of opinion is rude.

Incorrect.

Yeah, it would have been a waste of my time had I not been at work.

Next time don’t call someone rude when they aren’t. It only makes you look like an overly sensitive child, like you are.

Please feel free to report this post and prove my point. Have fun child.

1 Like

Bringing back mass rez would be a terrible thing for this game, imo

factually, we already saw what they think - they removed it from the game

now thats a lot of blushing

2 Likes

Honnestly, shes the only MAIN healer in the game with no (out of ult) AOE Healing she should be buffed, maybe chain heal another target? idk

2 Likes