What's so great about the Mecha Squad?

They’re all just a worse version of D.VA with even less potential lore. Sure you could get very creative with their mechas but that’s basically it…

They’re pretty boring lore-wise. They’re just a group of teenagers like D.VA protecting their country, it’s too similar. Sure you could give them different personalities and backstories but that won’t really cut it.

Besides we don’t really need even more side characters. (like Ashe and Orisa who probably won’t become important again)

Sure, they’re cool but honestly there are better choices for new heroes.

3 Likes

I just wonder how many of them have fake personality like dva. Other than that? I dont care about them, just wona know how fake entire meca squad is :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah they’re pretty boring. I feel like most people are attracted by the D.mon waifu bait.

3 Likes

Well for starters more heroes to progress D.va storyline.

Personally I love Mastermind design hovering mecha with machine gun and drones? Yes, please I wanna rain some ggs from above.

I’d Rather not reuse the girl in mech cliche

Reusing the cowboy or soldier thing is okay though

I’m kind of inclined to agree. The mechs in Busan MEKA base just don’t have the same… Oomph, I guess? They’re kinda generic in comparison to D.Va’s, and I don’t mean just because they don’t have stickers

Only if we at least start with storyline of other heroes too then. Still waiting for lucio and zen to have anything.

1 Like

To me, they seem like Korea’s more focused version of Overwatch as a solution for the omnic problems they have.

I am not a fan of Gundam but they give me that kind of vibe and I also like that they have the potential to add more backstory to not only D.Va, but the rest of the world the OW universe is set in.

I love D.Va as a character and although I don’t like Gundam I do like her mech. I think at least one other Meka squad character would be cool but I think all of them would just be oversaturation.

Do you ever think of your favorite hero and what they might be able to do outside the confines of game mechanics? For example, Mercy can flash a beam of light to blind enemies and has endless flight (as seen in the Storm Rising cinematic) but according to Blizzard her Resurrection ability is “not canon”. I find that interesting.

The same goes for D.Va, her mech can fly as long as its gas tank (or whatever) will allow but I wonder what other abilities the other Meka members have. That’s about the extent of my interest in them, personally.