What would you do to fix Mercy?

Video sums it up. Please refrain from giving troll answer’s like, “delete her”. Also, feel free to state your reason behind your suggestion. Oh and btw, the thread’s intended topic gets changed at one point somewhere near 150. Skip to about 350-400 if you want to read actual suggestions.

29 Likes

Seriously, stop with this. Sombra is underpowered and takes massive skill.

1 Like

This isn’t about Sombra. She deserves her own thread.

18 Likes

This forum isn’t about Mercy. She needs her own one.

6 Likes

I always thought that if she had res back as an ult, simply placing a cast time on it would be fine.

This makes it so that you have to earn res, rather than a cooldown. It would also prevent the frustrations with having the entire enemy team res, after winning a team fight.

In turn, it would encourage tempo res, as you would most likely die trying to team res.

15 Likes

Resurrect needs to be removed from cooldown. What I’d personally like to see:

Option A:

• Move Resurrect to only be accessible while Valkyrie is active. Resurrect now has one, insta-cast for a single target.
  • Pretty much all stays the same, although I’m a bit wary about this healing revert we’re getting back to 50 hps

Option B:

• Leave Resurrect in her normal kit, but now gains its own unique charge meter, similar to Torbjorn’s armor packs
  • Would require 2000 healing to be done for the ability to unlock
  • Insta-cast on a single target

LOS is required for both cases, and requires Mercy to be within 5m of her target.

REASONS FOR SUGGESTED CHANGES: Resurrect on CD is what is making Mercy a must-pick at every rank. Bringing Mass Resurrect back at the cost of losing Valkyrie, while gaining LOS checks and/or cast time, would make her weaker than ever and her pickrates would plummet.

12 Likes

You really think anyone has their own opinon on this? All I see anymore is people regurgitating their fav twitch/pro players opinions and using them as their own.

2 Likes

Hence why I made one… Anyway, can we talk about balancing suggestions for Mercy now?

2 Likes

You do realize this is a thread not a forum? Not to offend but I’d suggest putting this stuff in the right place.

Remove Rez…no troll, i’m honest.

Another version/rework of Mercy without a Rezz ability.

8 Likes

Thread’s for those who are creative and have good balance suggestions that can potentially fix Mercy <3.

Anything else please.

Revert back to how she was pre rework, add a LOS requirement for mass rez to stop the children whining for their binkies, make the invulnerability on rez a 50% damage resistance and give it a 1 second cast time.

Since we’ve just nerfed a version of a hero that was inarguably balanced (the statistics speak for themselves, get off your high horse if you’re going to say Mercy 1.0 was unbalanced), let her keep her GA slingshotting for mobility and on her E, give her an ability called “Angelic Rise”, which works similar to Pharah’s Jump Jet however Mercy can only use it when grounded. This gives Mercy more mobility options.

9 Likes

Why? That is the best option in my eyes.

Also, like i said, it is not a troll but an honest opinion.

2 Likes

Good E suggestion but I feel as though she already has a lot of mobility and could really use something else.

2 Likes

GA is a powerful mobility tool, the issue is it’s team dependant. Angelic Rise gives you an option which isn’t team dependant but it’s strictly a vertical leap. It’s not going to get you out of any tight situations if there’s no teammates to fly to, it’s just going to stagger you. It’s purpose is to work in tandem with GA and let you use GA more easily on teammates outside of GA range.

2 Likes
https://imgur.com/a/5JPvixa

Quote from interview with Jeff on VentureBeat.

I don’t think there’s something fundamentally wrong with Mercy - at least Ana is pretty easy to bring up to her level. Devs just don’t want to.

If we go down the road of continuous Mercy nerfs though - GA should and probably will be targeted next. Increased cooldown most likely, or reduced distance.

1 Like

Can I get a hit of whatever youre smoking, my dude? Cause you’re tripping me out

4 Likes

I will literally cry if they touch bunny hop ;-;

3 Likes