What would save the game in your opinion?

As the title says. Since there are many complaints, what do you think would “save” this game and bring it into a more healthy spot?

In my opinion? I think they should start with making a more extensive tutorial, so new players know what they sign up for and don’t have to learn the hardway. Quickplay isn’t a place where you learn teamplay, in my honest opinion. Real teamplay you learn in a (more) competitive set up.

Let’s all have a healthy discussion.

1 Like

Honestly, just making a few more tweaks to make less powerful non-oppressive heroes a bit better. The game is in a pretty good spot otherwise IMO.

Other changes I’d personally like would be more maps, permanent PvE modes, and some progression/lore in the story (like can we get something for some of the no-love or barely-loved characters?)

Oh, and Junker Queen when and please.

RQ reverted. Hero bans instead of hero pools and fixing the MM. Removing double shield entirely, making it impossible to stack two shield tanks. Nothing of it will be happening and so game will stay dead :wink:

1 Like

sounds like OW2 to me

2 Likes

They really should be looking at those >10mins queues.

It’s the number one reason I don’t play this game consistently anymore.

1 Like

Taking a good look at certain abilities work and adding some risk to them.

A lot of things make bad or lazy play too forgiving, and make a lot of players feel powerless as a result.

2 Likes

I agree with this, they should reset the MM, but that might only cause more harm.

More Crusaders, and proper role allotment.
Rein is the only tank in the game, Sigma too if he gets buffed.
All the other “tanks” are just psuedo dps/divers and dont technically belong in the tank slot.

1 Like

devs listening to my balance ideas

1 Like

Make a concerted effort to un-dumpster every hero, and then be very careful to avoid ever dumpstering any of them again.

5 Likes

Update and upgrade the workshop with additional features that compliment it.

“If I can think it, I can create it.”

3 Likes

Releasing a lot more Tank and Healers into the game.

Start massively toning down CC or make Tanks resistant to most CC.

Playing Tanks with the amount of CC in the game atm is depressing.

6 Likes

Guilds/Clan competitive system. Complaints about team-reliant characters being UP would go down significantly as people would be much more willing to utilise these heroes how they’re supposed to (Sombra, Bastion etc.)

2 Likes

Make Workshop a little more intuitive and less tedious. And yeah, just delete that tutorial or rework the crap out of it because I got more information by just looking through the option settings than I did by playing that.

Inb4 “X hero should be removed/massively nerfed to make the game better.”

buff symmetra give her an rpg

1 Like

Kind of. Lots of stuff that will likely be in OW2 will help the game. Just for OW1, think some few minor balance changes should do the trick. Maybe a few minor reworks too, but that gets more controversial.

1 Like

Kill OW1 and rebuild everything from ground 0.

make some heroes value match the effort they take, whether thats through making them take more effort or lowering the value they currently get

make competitive feel like competitive.

1 Like

Removing despicable heroes such as doomfist