What would make you quit OW?

Overwatch becoming a card game, maybe I will quit.

Locking new heroes behind a purchase or a grind. Creating hero tiers that force you to grind to obtain better heroes. You know, exactly what they decided to do for OW2. Iā€™m out.

In other words, go with the standard F2P game model. Hate F2P games.

They already did it. I am just giving it a final chance to see if my personal enjoyment is high enough to ignore the line they crossed. I am a very forgiving individual.

2 Likes

If PvE is paid. Thatā€™s when I walk away for good. PvE is likeā€¦ the only thing Iā€™m maybe looking forward to, but Iā€™m not going to be scammed into paying for episodic pieces.

1 Like

I mean, demanding a phone number would probably have me quit. Since I donā€™t have a working phone. Itā€™s effectively banning me for being poor.

1 Like

If its stop being fun or if i didnt have the time

Probably retiring my favorite characters. Especially if they pick and choose which ones they would get rid of. Other than thatā€¦ the servers going down for good I guess.

P2W or just really poor balancing. Some of their balancing decisions already have me really worried like recent doom tech nerf, giving hanzo scatter back (WHY!), and the absurd dps passive that literally just favors some dps and does nothing for others. Blizz has always had a sub par balance team, but some of these changes are on another level of terrible. Just feels like itā€™s always two steps forward two steps back with the balancing. Hoping the new guy taking geoffs place actually knows what heā€™s doing.

Already quit pretty much. Havenā€™t logged on it what, 5 months? Iā€™ll try ow2 but I have very low expectations for it. Playerbase is too toxic and blizzard nerfed all my heroes.

for me, itā€™s either because I canā€™t complete my premium bp, or if I get ban for playing ow pve on my steam deck.

If they stopped actually updating the game. We endured 3 years of content drought but at least they continued giving us skins and occasional balance changes. However, these get tiresome and eventually Iā€™ll crave for something unique and new like new heroes, maps, or modes. It doesnā€™t take much to please me but 3 years was still pretty brutal.

missing tons of emotes and stuff in the future i could have got by just playing. grinding the battle pass and not getting to the max level. yea its a real bummer and im not gonna drop $$$ to chase that. will add up and is a waste imo. if i ignore everything and just play it will suck to be a bland generic hero with everyone running around with cool stuff. im not a whale and i wont drop $$100s

1 Like
  • Forcing to give my phone number even when I did bought Overwatch
  • Locking heroes behind mindless grind, forcing me to play roles I donā€™t want to play or pay way too much every 18 weeks
  • FOMO abuse practices
  • Shutting down box game I bought

ā€¦oh wait this actually happened and I am quitting

3 Likes

My brother in christ, since the moment the paywalled or grindwalled heores in the BP its P2W

1 Like

1.If we never get to see Tracer and Sombra feet.
2.If OW2 doesnā€™t have a better report system and comp experience.

Wait just a second, is Octo a boy?!!

Paid subscription to play ow would make me quit, since i already pay for ps plus to play online for my ps4, i dont wanna pay for another subscription just to play one game

If they did something absurd like charging a monthly sub fee to login

Thereā€™s nothing that could make me quit. Iā€™m not emotionally attached to OW, so I play to play whenever I feel like it.

Not quite yet, have you ever played World of Tanks?

Sincerely doubt itā€¦ :upside_down_face:

I understand the ā€˜soft-lockā€™ of Kiriko isnā€™t a good sign but she isnā€™t hard locked behind a paywallā€¦

I think Blizz know this BP business (instant-unlock) is about as far as they can push ā€˜lockedā€™ heroesā€¦ :slight_smile: