What will it take to get a D.va Nerf?

Seriously, this hero has been busted for over 6 months yet there is little to no talk about a nerf to D.va. She is a must pick hero, especially in high SR games and has been ever since the Roadhog nerf. I’ll even list specific reasons as to why she is absolutely busted to try and make my point.

1. Her movement.
    D.va is arguably the most mobile hero in the entire game. As D.va you have the ability to move both vertically and horizontally with ease. Her movement is also very easy to control. Honestly D.va’s mobility would be ok if the cool down was longer but in its current state she’s basically a 600hp Tracer-Phara combination.

2. Her Damage.
    D.va does more DPS than any other tank in the game. This basically makes Roadhog obsolete unless you’re playing him in conjunction with D.va or if you’re playing him for something other than his DPS such as his hook. Honestly there isn’t much more to say other than D.va does way too much damage.

These two elements, D.va’s ability to do obscene amounts of damage and her ability to go basically wherever she pleases at any time, are why D.va is played all the time. When you play her you always do the same thing 70% of the time. You shoot at the other team until you find an easy target to kill, then you fly in to try and kill them, and then you fly out. Honestly the only hard aspects of playing D.va are 1. Knowing who you should go in on and when and 2. Stopping before you fly past your target so you can do optimal DPS to them. Using her ult can also be somewhat tricky but you don’t play D.va for her ult, you play her for her ability to get picks. Honestly if D.va doesn’t get some type of nerf to either her damage or mobility she will continue being a must pick and dive comp will continue being dominant.

End Rant.
Honestly I have very little faith that this post will make any difference. Blizzard has to know that D.va is an issue, she’s just not an issue they wish to fix at the moment. Blizzard seems to be so derailed with other things that are deemed to be problems by Reddit and other vocal parts of the community to care about other problems no matter how obvious they may be. For example, there were many posts on Overwatch’s reddit over the past month or so complaining about how “broken” scatter-arrow is, and in that amount of time Blizzard announced that they are going to rework that ability. I will acknowledge that scatter-arrow can be a very silly ability at times but if it were really as broken as members of the Overwatch Reddit would have you believe, why does nobody pick Hanzo? Hanzo is the 7th LEAST picked hero this month according to Overbuff. (I don’t know where else to get statistics about pick rates, if you have any info refuting this please feel free to present it.) My point is that Blizzard seems to have the habitual tendency to not focus on what problems are actually making their game less fun to play and they tend to focus on whatever people seem to whine the loudest about. Looking back at this ranting behemoth of a post I don’t know why I even typed it. Most likely nobody will read it or respond below, but I feel that I had to make this post.

12 Likes

No lol. Genji and Tracer are. Dva is easy to beat, just use the counters.

21 Likes

@What will it take to get a D.Va Nerf?

A team of biased DPS mains to overthrow Overwatch headquarters and take over the servers.

Good luck.

12 Likes

No D.Va is
25m in 2s every 5s D,Va
15m in 0.5s every 8s - Genji
22.5m 0.5s every 9 seconds. - Tracer ( no Vertical Mobility )

4 Likes

Is dva hard to deal with? No not is her pick rate high. Is she as a hero difficult thing deal with? Is she mandatory to win? Does she have an ability that is required? Does she do anything that is unreasonable with little to no counter play? Until the answer to these questions are yes she isn’t getting nerfed because these are all reasons why heroes have been nerfed in the past.

2 Likes

Buff Zarya.

But it’s not like I’m biased or anything…

3 Likes

D.va’s not really an issue, if you know how to dps. Feel like only diamond and below have genuine issues with her.

3 Likes

-> Comments on the forums how easy dva is to play
-> Has zero hours on dva

I believe you man, you know exactly how one plays dva. =)

9 Likes

reaper and mei buffs are coming. Depending on what they are you may just have your answer.

2 Likes

I just want her ult to stop killing me around corners or going through solid objects. If I’m out of the way, I am out of the way. Plz fix the walls.

2 Likes

yes it should be fixed, d.va’s ult has ALWAYS been buggy since day one.

1 Like

Just counter her LOLLLLLLLLL 4Head

You should be in OWL, all knowing one.

1 Like

She was reworked late in November, so it’s only been 4 months since Blizzard changed her significantly.

She is not. Popular? Yes. Must pick? No.

5 Likes

D.va is perfectly balanced.

2 Likes

Oh, worm? Another thread?

Roadhog and Zarya with high charge have a higher DPS than D.Va outside of her combo, making her damage less consistent. I’m too lazy to find my question post that only two people have tried to answer but what would you change to make her balanced? And what is with this trend of the D.Va nerf-callers having almost no time played on her? I don’t like pulling that card, but you don’t understand the entire situation if you haven’t put in enough time on D.Va to know the real caveats of her gameplay. and thats… the tea

1 Like

She can practically 1v1 any squishy, she practically has 2 lives, she has the highest pick rate on console and the 3rd highest win rate.

Her rework makes her a dps/tank, then I always hear from my team (when we are losing) that dps ain’t doing s*** cause d.va has gold elims.

And it also worries me that I see gold and plat border d.va onetricks in low ranks.

Name one hard counter to D.va that is practical in the current meta. She is required because she does everything better than any other tank in the game. She’s a better dive tank than winston and a better dps tank than Roadhog. She has more survivability than any other tank in the game and shield tanks are obsolete in most cases due to the wide use of dive meta. Dive meta has made Zarya largely unplayable because you have no reliable way to get charge and even if you get charge the other team can usually avoid you until the can all converge on you and kill you very quickly.

thats the thing, her counters have been needing buffs since forever, and at least on the horizon reaper and mei are getting buffs very soon.

Well, she’s a tank. And while she has the ability to do so, the matchups aren’t as cut and dry as you’re making it seem. Even a McCree can outplay a D.Va. So can Junkrat, 76, Hanzo, Sombra, Tracer, Genji, Widow, Bastion (depending), Mei, Doomfist…

My issue with this is that it’s not like her second life is any good in a fight.

This is pretty interesting actually, but console balance is different than PC balance

Your team is making a flawed argument, then?

So… They’re bad?

Tanks do more damage than DPS characters in this game right now. If you’re refering to me personally as a DPS main I actually play mainly tank.