WHAT why are you COUNTING those games?

Wait so some people are having to redo placements?

I cant say for 100% certainty because xQc is not really easy to get an answer out of but I also turned to a diff streamer who’s doing placement and it said 1-1 ** I think Eviltoaster ** Now he may have not ever done placements but–

If they are resetting the placement games only for the top tier which would literally be the least affected by the bug – I cant exactly place into words my feelings on this transpiring: rage, confusion disappointment are in there somewhere.

1 Like

I really hope they aren’t just resetting SR for players in different tiers, that’s unfair treatment, and I would too be extremely frustrated. The role que beta was supposed to be just what it is, a “beta”, so I did not expect my SR to literally be carried over to this new season. I am however fine if my beta SR affects my placements for S18, but I am not happy that I have already magically placed for S18, with my SR from beta!

1 Like

What if you finished part of your placements but not all 5 in any category…?

2/5 completed, happened to my tank…

1 Like

Happened to me too. Played the bugged season, got placed gold despite being low masters in all roles in RQB.

Logged on today to play what I thought was reset S18 placement to find that I’m already placed diamond.

Look at everyone else on my friends list and they get statistics / SR set similar to what they ended on role queue beta but I don’t? So RQB was just pointless for me but mattered for others?

3 Likes

Im filling out the rest of my placements with the bugged ones now, Im wondering why these games feel terrible though… I mean maybe thats just how placements usually are little more loose… or something but the last two games have been trash and I asked to make sure people were in the same skill tier

I created a bug post, don’t know if it will ever get a response, but its worth a shot.

2 Likes

I too am awaiting a response to a ticket.

2 Likes

3-2 during s18 “1.0” placement lost 100sr on support compared to end result on beta season, interestingly i won 31sr compared to s17, none of this make any sense but whatever… suits me

Take like 5 minutes to actually read a post before you respond to it.

Or like the OP?

We aren’t talking about Beta when we say bugged placements… we are talking about the reason s18 was delayed, that the placement matches were bugged and they for some reason seem to have kept the bugged matches where GMs were placed with Bronze players completely against their own set rules for how their MMR works, yet it appears some of the higher ranked players the ones who would have been least affected by this may have actually gotten a reset on their placement matches.

Did they SAY they were counting those games or did you just assume they were, with no evidence to back up your assertion and then get yourself all worked up about it?

What? S18 came back on and I had 4/5 placements done (all done during the bugged placement a couple days ago)

The system is indicating that they counted by the fact that it still shows those being completed, if not youre saying that they would just simply skip those placements and place me based off of the … well placements really don’t impact as much as they should I think they still want them there as some kind of mystique about having a new season, or why bother having seasons.

Here Let me Queue my Last dps game and if I am significantly less than my ending Beta DPS we will know.

[Edit] Yes they counted the 4 during bugged.

I havent logged on so i dunno, probably should have mentioned that in your OP, though.

I think its pretty funny in a clown car sort of way, if they actually are counting the bugged season in placements. But like ive said before, i like watching this game burn… they already ruined it beyond repair with the introduction of sigma and the double/triple/quadruple shield meta they caused with mei&symmetra (which i called as being the new cancer meta like the first day thay sigma went live, made a thread about it and everything :slight_smile:)

In Beta, i tried off heroes. That’s going to be used AGAINST me when the stuff goes live?

I’ve NEVER seen a BETA of anything, ever, count towards the live game.

Ridiculous.

They have some dream of their MMR. Robot creating perfect matches, and so desperate to use old data, beta data, etc.

Give it up!

Reset everything and relaunch the game with Role Queue. That’s what this game needs. I can’t even see coming back to it otherwise.

I did 4 placement games with the bugged matchmaking. Did the last game tonight and placed over 100 SR lower than where I ended during role queue beta? I won more games during the S18 placements than I did during role queue beta, so I’m not sure why I’m being downranked for it. The whole thing just feels very off, like those placement games had literal bronzes in them. How can you not just reboot the season from scratch?

The SR gains/losses from the bugged games seemed to be fit to the matchup(if you had more high ranks and they had more bronzes, you’d gain less). That said, it’s still pretty stupid to keep the data. Those games would never be acceptable in a fair system.

Alright, my apologies for misunderstanding the issue.

Best of luck with your frustrations.

Wait… So as a high gold low plat I have a chance of getting a masters or gm in my game? I’ve read the sr was reset and you replace. Also have read it didn’t. I’m so confused. I didn’t place so it may not matter but I wanna know if does.