What we should do with 2-2-2

The same way they matchmaker 2-2-2 locked role LFG vs 6Any.

As for the 3-3 issue, just disallow more than 1offhealer per team.

And turn the 2-2-2 into a 2Any-2-2.

Locked role LFG does not have role specific SR. The SR from any random member of any team is directly comparable with each other, even though they might be locked to a role, the SR is universal.

With role queue, SR is split. So balancing games between the two teams (locked x unlocked) gets tricky.

I’d rather go all in or do nothing.

The only compromise I see working is locking roles after 3 have been selected. No more 3-3, no more 4-2 and 4-1-1. No role SR, no role queue, just a simple lock.

If you want to arbitrarily kill GOATS why bother keeping other comps alive?

GOATS IS and SHOULD BE a viable strategy.

1 Like

So you are an advocate of keeping the one problem that is GOATS to justify also keeping in all the other problems role lock solves?

Well, you could still run 3-3, you just wouldn’t be able to do it with two or more offhealers.

That’s an option. Not a requirement.

Also Account Merging would accomplish nearly the same thing, with some extra added benefits.

✅ [Account Merging] Better than RoleBasedSR

Without it, players would queue for roles they do not belong, which is one of the current system’s problems. One queues into a game, sees their preference filled, and “flexes”.

GOATS is only a real issue in OWL, and even then, judging by what I’ve seen of stage 3, it’s not even that big of a deal right now, it has its maps and it is manageable.

I’d argue bunker is a bigger issue for most of us on ladder, and forced 2-2-2 won’t make it magically disappear.

1 heal, 5 dps is viable, but it requires the correct DPS picks and still some amount of team unison.

Is that so?

Let those who wish to force 222 on the rest of us use LFG to their hearts content

1 Like

You say that like this wouldn’t happen regardless.

Also, you say it like 2-2-2 without solving the DPS queue time issue is a realistic option, in the first place.

You gotta put those excess DPS players somewhere, or else the player population will go down by a lot.

1 Like

With role specific SR players can queue for whatever and be properly matched.

A small price to pay.

1 Like

Role specific SR and a strict 2-2-2, wouldn’t be a functional system in the first place.

So what’s the point of having the extra bonus of it?

I failed to see why it wouldn’t.

Isn’t that the entire season? I specifically said STAGE 3.

Half of the benefit of a 2-2-2 lock is easier balancing. (This is also why so many pro players are in favor of it). This would completely erase that.

That was the same excuse given to force one hero limit, and if anything balance went off the rails right after that.

You’re having a laugh if you think balance was better without hero limits. Like, honestly, that’s just completely and utterly wrong.