What was the purpose of making Bap’s alternate fire not heal himself?

Just curious is all.

Speculating from dev perspective, two things:

1. It would result in massive amounts of self-sustain that he doesn’t need.
  2. He would have to be staring at the floor on a regular basis, similar to the previously discussed hypothetical problem of Mei being able to freeze the ground with her spray.
1 Like

in all honesty, i think they just wanted to avoid another brig situation. Though all they would need to do is make it that he only gets healed 20hp per shot and then he won’t be able to outheal the damage dealt.

What makes you think 30 hps from his cooldown +60 hps from his nades as self healing would be balanced?

regarding your second point, i think that it would be cool if he could switch between his regenerative burst and an ability that plays an animation of him injecting his badge piece on his chest that heals him. It would consume ammo, would give him 20hp, would have a one second delay and the overall animation time would be close to his fire rate. obviously something to add months later but still would be cool.

Did I say I thought it was balanced? I was just curious, and I highly doubt they’d let his healing pulse affect him if they made it so he could heal himself with his nades

ana could shoot herself too…

so long as they scale the health gained from secondary fire for him only, i think it actually would be. I’m thinking 20 hp at most.

To differentiate MainHeal (lower sustain), from offheal (higher sustain).

Moira is the oddball.