What was I thinking when I bought it?

I’m so mad at this game! Seems like it is full of little glitches in every match.

Characters that move so fast there’s no way to get the cross-hairs on them. Yet somehow in all their speed they can hit me with every shot. I’m talking about them moving from one side of the screen to the other quicker than a snap of your fingers. And I’m supposed to believe that they are just “that good”? I don’t believe it.

Disproportionate damage output from like characters. Road Hog on their team doing hook-shoot one shot kills. Road Hog I’m playing has to shoot 3 – 5 times for a kill in the same match? Well, if you think I’m shooting their feet then why doesn’t the system have a way to review the match so I can see if I was shooting their feet? How is it that my cross-hairs are on their neck and I have to shoot their Sambra 3 times? Maybe the cross-hairs were ‘delayed by the network’? Yeah right.

So many ways are found to “excuse” these little glitches. Ohhh, Mercy was there, or Doom Fist gets extra health when he hits, or “this” or “that”. Zarya’s weapon has damage increase and the other team’s Zarya seems to play the whole game that way. My Zarya seems to die if a Mercy flies by.

I remember one match I was low on health so I went half way back to the spawn point. I hid in some little corner where no one would possibly even consider a threat or even see me waiting for a second heal pack. I’m watching the little icons of my teammates and all of a sudden Reaper blinks in right in front of me and kills me. So, I’m wondering how he knew I was there and why he would even waste time coming all that way to kill little ole me hiding in the corner? I’m still shaking my head on that one.

BOGGLES, MY, MIND!

Or the time I’m playing Torbjorn and the other team destroys my turret in one shot before it can even be seen on the screen. Really? That much damage output eh?

Or the time I’m playing Lucio and hiding behind a wall amping up the healing for my teammates. Then the Bastion on the other team starts firing and somehow I get taken out even though I’m behind the wall. Right….that must be some kind of ‘shoot through the wall boost’ right?

The soldier I shot in the face after hooking him that takes no damage whatsoever. Ugh huh, it must be because of my aim controller settings: Just made the shot bend around his head right?

Or how about the time I ran behind Rhine’s shield and it just killed me for it? Don’t believe me? Well, there’s no way to review it so I guess you’ll be right.

I wish I could write down all these little quirks I see.

My game play is nothing to brag about. Although I can get 22 kills as Lucio or Orisa. Not the greatest. What I do know is Software Engineering and testing and I think I’d be embarrassed to work for Sony or Blizzard right now.

I know, I know, I have no proof. And that’s part of my complaint. If I wanted to review a match to see how my old, decrepit eyes fooled me: If I wanted to learn what I did wrong: The game doesn’t provide a way to do that. Well, not that I know of. And why should I need to sign up and ‘link’ some other site account or by some other software to do the reviewing? Shouldn’t the money I paid to Blizzard cover the cost to have that in the game already? LAME!

I won’t be back to review responses. Just post it on some forum elsewhere; maybe I’ll find it some day.

P.S. I almost forgot about the way the game throws me into matches that are about 5 seconds to conclusion. 99% of these have been “Defeat”. One time I was launched into the game WHILE the Defeat was displaying on the screen. Of course it gives me some XP for filling in but I think I’d rather have it just not register me for the match at all. One less defeat to show up.

Critisism should be posted in the #general-discussion

When did you buy this game exactly?

(Also replays are a thing so i don’t see why you’re complaining about being unable to review it.

okay…where are the replays? Is that in a progression of menus; pre-game setup? A setting somewhere? If I knew this information then maybe I can get some sort of capture to send to you. I’m a bit used to games coming with a short user guide and I don’t see one in the game.

Career profile > Replays

You know you sound kinda knew to the game and well aren’t used to how the game functions on team base yes there are issues and currently servers are a bit off due to a recent DDOS attacks and well the game doesn’t really rely on the mechanical skill.

Hope you can get some capture.

I did find the kill cam in settings and turned that on. Reveals what I suspected. Most people aren’t aiming any better than I am: icon goes all over the place. Yet somehow when they shoot ‘all shaky’ my character dies. Same circumstances and I shoot when ‘all shaky’ and they just pull away.

My guess is that there is some sort of preference set against console traffic. Specifically PS4. I’m fairly certain reducing the speed of my internet is not going to help :slight_smile:

BUGS I find are things like:
the exorbitant delay for Rhine to drop his shield to shoot or charge,
a flea could interrupt a Rhine charge
No cross-hairs when Rhine shield is up
Stun with Road Hog not working (except against me)
Road Hog hook interrupts Rhine charge
Sigma rock interrupts Rhine charge
Is there anything that doesn’t interrupt a Rhine charge?
Moira can take 4 hits from Rhine…really?
Moira ray goes through Rhine’s shield.
Rhine so slow I can’t catch anyone. Although yesterday when I played Road Hog a Rhine chased me from behind, while swinging hammer and managed to kill me.

Other gripes are with the PS4 controllers I think. Jumps around all over. Even at low sensitivity (38). Jumps up in the air, left, right. Not all the time, just when it matters that it shouldn’t jump. Takes literally 3 seconds for any character to rotate with right thumb stick 180 degrees at 50 sensitivity.

Today I played Rhine and Road Hog. In the past week I tend to gravitate to them mostly I think (subconsciously) because I don’t really have to aim. Still bugs like above. I got so mad that I popped the disc out and thrashed it against the wall. Then I smashed the controller into the garage floor.

MAN DID THAT FEEL GOOD! Is it all Blizzard and Sony’s fault? No. I have a stressful life. But the current state of Overwatch and Sony sure didn’t help.

Just not happy with it and looking back I’m not sure I or my kids were ever that happy with it. Practice doesn’t really help on a PS4 console. LOL what a waste of time that’d be!

Well, that’s it for me. Thanks for the replies. I’m moving on to something else.

Well the game came out for PC play and people are lucky they got it on console, and well reducing your internet wouldn’t help how would that even help?

Not a bug

You don’t need it

Would be nice to get proof

It’s intended

It’s intended

She’s a healer what do you expect

Working as intended

If you walk backwards you are slower than walking forward, all tanks have the same walking speed.

That’s normal with console games

And your point? You buy an FPS (First Person Shooter) but decide to play other heroes so you don’t have to aim in a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER? Doesn’t make sense to me, i don’t feel like gaming should be your thing.
So you’re going to trash the game because you have 0 understanding of what is actually intended? Sure do whatever you want, but clearly you were a new player who was most likley toxic.

Yep sorry you might want to switch over to a PC platform since you’re lucky they have brought it out for console players that cannot afford a PC.

Sorry mate but your behaviour is really discouraged, Not knowing how the game works and not being used to an FPS game that doesn’t only use mechanical skill but also team skill and good management of abilities. You just trashed a game because you didn’t even try to understand it you just straight up destroyed it and that sounds toxic.

For anyone else that has read this thread: This behaviour is under no circumstance acceptable and it’s discouraged to follow this kind of behaviour.
(For the OP i recommend you not encouraging other people about this kind of behaviour since it’s against forum rules)

1 Like

When the over 25 crowd doesn’t understand their eyes and brain aren’t fast enough to keep up with a game of this pace…

2 Likes

There there, orisa voice do you need a hug?

You could have at least done some research on the issues my boy.

This is, by far, the funniest thing I’ve seen on here. That has to be someone trolling, right? Someone who’s trolling and also has absolutely nothing productive to do with their time, so they’re willing to type 16 paragraphs of nonsense. Hahaha.

On a more serious note, why do PC players always attempt to insult/belittle console players? I just don’t get it. People are different; some prefer console, some prefer PC. Who cares?

I play on console, for the most part, but that doesn’t mean I’m financially insolvent and “stuck” playing console because a PC doesn’t fit my budget. I own a laptop that’s completely capable of running most modern shooters at settings that trump my PS4 and PS4 Pro, but I still tend to prefer console. Like I am right now, I spend 40-50 hours sitting at a keyboard each week because my job requires it. As such, the last thing I want to do after work or on the weekend, is strap myself into another computer chair and continue clicking and clacking the day away.

It just seems bizarre and makes you sound insecure when you lash out and attempt to insult someone, solely for choosing console over PC. Furthermore, my regular PS4 cost about $70 more than my Lenovo laptop with an i7, 24GB, etc. that I’ve enjoyed other Epic Games shooters on, so that’s an entirely moot point. Sure, you can_emphasized text_ go out and spend $1k+ on a PC for gaming, but you can get a perfectly capable rig for a fraction of the cost.

Dunno, bro. Sounds like this Russian bot got your goat and really lit a fire in your panties by bashing OverTwatch.

P.S.
It’s a video game forum. Relax and enjoy life a little instead of trying to be the official, unofficial keyboard police here.

Oh no i’m not trying to sound like an a$$hole but i’m always trying to find what i can put because alot of people can act to such said text in different ways.

I assume it most of the times wich will most likely result in more problems but most of the times it’s fine. Thank you for telling me this it’ll help me more in the feature since i’ve never really played console.

Ahh. You’re a bot too. Got it.

Toodles!

What do you mean exactly by that?
Is that meant to be offensive?

Glad I just skimmed your post and happened to read this.
Now I don’t have to waste any more of my time

Your response makes no facking sense whatsoever. So I’ve concluded that you’re a bot.

It really does make sense, i actually find it a bit weird for you to call me a bot since i’m only stating what’s incorrect about this post and just following up so this could be closed off.

It really doesn’t make much sense, though, but okay, guy.

Well i liked your post 3;