What Scott Mercer and Jeff Kaplan SAID about MMR

You don’t want to call it ‘algorithmic handicapping’ because you don’t want to think about it. You just want to assume that all of Blizzard’s designs are intrinsically ‘fair and balanced’ because it would be scary if they weren’t, and you’re AFRAID OF THE TRUTH.

Try to understand the following. Literally, try to understand it, and then reply rather than simply calling someone who disagrees with you names and not making any sort of argument whatsoever.

Or try to understand this. Actually think about it and try to process it:

6 Likes

Alright, I can’t do this anymore right now but I will meditate on these things and get back to you.

based

so explain how they would measure my “perpiration”. go on, ill wait.

2 Likes

Webcam…

The technology isn’t far off…

dont have one. gg next

3 Likes

It actually says it in the Patent… Camera peripherals…

Most people probably do or will in the near future…

Who’s to say that when OW3 releases they don’t require you to have your Webcam on at all times considering that they now require you to give your personal phone number out…

:pouting_cat: :-1:

sure turn it on, then cover it? gg next

like do you all have no experience in evading things?

2 Likes

I do but not everyone is technically savvy… Most casual players wouldn’t even realise…

I always use a Blu-Tack on mine…

Besides, they wouldn’t be able to measure my perspiration because I wouldn’t even break a sweat…

:sweat_smile:

what world would a company that seeks to make profit purposely make it so that a portion of potential customers couldnt afford their game with a ridiculous requirement of having a webcam.

1 Like

Do you guys not have [webcams]?

It’d probably be advertised as a necessary security feature…

:thinking:

no, anyone who values privacy does not have a webcam. does not have a smart watch. turns off locations on apps…

anyone with half a brain would see through that…

1 Like

Which excludes most of the current generation that has no problem sharing their lives on social media… this would barely even raise an eyebrow in the grand scheme of things…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

overwatch3 will be out before i die, and i think you underestimate the number of people who do value it. not saying that lots of the younger ones dont care about it, or simply dont realize it, but at end of day, as a business it would be foolish to isolate potential customers on that requirement

They will already require phone… It’s the next logical step…

“you guys have phones right”…the backlash from that continues.

Not really, Diablo immortal was an enormous success despite the bad reputation… Businesses don’t care if it affects the reputation of the game as long as they can make a ton of money…

not really, 24 million in what 2 weeks? thats pretty weak…thats less than 2M/day which is bad based on a AAA release from blizz. i dont have up to date numbers on that game so my info is defs old

How about instead of so vehemently disagreeing, you understand what he’s saying and learn from it? Because he’s completely correct in everything he’s saying and you just want to refuse it so bad.

Also… why are you on an account named Doland referring to yourself in third person, Cuthbert?

2 Likes