What’s up with junkrat?

What did junkrat find and why is it so important and why does he hate omnics so much and what’s his relationship with overwatch?

Not every character has a relationship with overwatch (sym, lúcio, d.va, etc). If he did, he would probably be a wanted criminal.

Junkrat’s hatred for omincs is explained somewhere in his and roadhogs bio. It has to do with an accident involving an ominc factory in the Australian outback.

His treasure is the only thing we still don’t know.

Junkrat’s smart. He’s also a very loud, and obnoxious talker. He was described by Roadhog as a “lier, lies to himself mostly.”

I still personally believe that the treasure either

A) Doesn’t exist. He’s drawn up a huge magnificent story so that he’s important and wanted, regardless of negative attention. Lore wise it’s implied that he wasn’t thought much of by others.

“And they thought I’d never amount to anything”

B) It has to something that can be ‘split’ and make sense to have been found in the “Bowels of the wreckage of the omnium” . In the comic, he splits it 50-50 with Roadhog. [However, this is why I wonder if it’s made up, because he also shares 50-50 spoils of their crimes].

It’s debatable whether or not it’s small enough to be carried, as Hanzo’s interaction with him implies.

Hanzo: Where did you hide your treasure? You could hardly have it on your person!

Junkrat: Treasure? Ss-sure I don’t know what you’re talking about!

It’s a commun misconception that every playable hero has to have a link and/or has to work with Overwatch… But like Sprklmufin said, some don’t : Orisa, the Junkers, Dva, Lucio, but also Hammond, Zarya, … ok some know someone who worked/has ties with Overwatch, but that’s it.

Overwatch is the name of the game and was the name of an organisation that had a big power/impact worldwide, and Winston is trying to bring it back.

That doesn’t mean Lucio, Dva, Zarya etc will ever join the new Overwatch someday… But it doesn’t mean they won’t either :wink: