What people need to understand is

Mercy players never asked for the rollercoaster of reworks, buffs and nerfs Blizzard bestowed upon “all of us”.

The fact that Mercy mains/players still want to play this game after everything Blizzard has gotten wrong (and for so long) should be commended.

Honestly, if my main went through that kind of rollercoaster, and Blizzard refused to listen to feedback from Crusaders on the PTR and the community abroad, I would have dropped this game a long time ago.

I think people need to stop blaming “players” and direct the attention to Blizzard. They have failed us on reworks. Failed us on correcting over-tuned heroes, leaving them on us for MONTHS on end.

This ME vs YOU mentality needs to stop. We need to have a dialog that centers around US vs The Problem.

And that problem isn’t the players, it’s the balance team. Even when they get balance right, it comes FAR too long.

332 Likes

Thing is, it wasn’t even Mercy mains.

Other than the trolls asking for her to be deleted, almost everyone agreed that implementing smaller nerfs/tweaks to Mass Rez would be a good way to start balancing her, such as adding LoS checks, reducing distance, etc.

But Blizzard just swung their sledgehammer and are now trying to glue the pieces back together.

148 Likes

Also going to add that Blizzard is STILL getting it wrong. Sombra is the latest in this long line.

143 Likes

Thank you so much dude.

I’ve honestly just stopped playing support, and I play a lot less these days. I just can’t do it anymore. We don’t deserve the bottom of the barrel because the hero we like to play happens to be easy to pick up. We don’t deserve to be treated like sh!t, for trying to help the team.

It’s good to know that not everyone thinks we’re scum…

71 Likes

You’re not scum. We are all gamers here, just trying to have fun. It has nothing to do with your hero choice. It’s not any of our faults, it’s the people pulling the strings. They make over-tuned changes/reworks, and then they take months to dial it back, forcing the community to get frustrated.

Sadly, people are so immature, they direct that frustrating to other gamers like us instead of the people who are actually implementing these changes.

27 Likes

Thank you, this is something people don’t get.

This rollercoaster has been so bad, that i stopped playing supports entirely, despite i enjoy playing Moira and Brig. I was so close to quitting multiple times too.

As you said, now they are messing with Sombra, so these things are hitting my mains consistently. It’s hard to see myself playing this game next year, only because it’s getting mentally taxing to go through kind of things that have happened for past year or so.

19 Likes

Mercy players have committed horrible crimes against humanity (and I guess hamsterity). They laugh at the pain of others and enjoy their death! I mean look at that cute laugh… it’s demonic! Then there’s the whole thing about how they made pineapple pizza and ruined my carpet!

I actually wish this community would stand together to see change, but arguing is easier than agreeing for most :frowning:

20 Likes

I will Gladly Follow in this pursuit.
Any day.

31 Likes

A good post. This hate towards Mercy mains or Mercy players/fans needs to stop. It’s not their fault that Blizzard has, well, butchered the hero from the rework to date. They still continue nerfing the wrong aspects of Mercy, while ignoring all feedback. If they took a moment every so often to actually engage with some of the feedback in the megathread then it might help everyone get to a better solution, however they seem to prefer to put their fingers in their ears and not even be willing to discuss any of the feedback.

38 Likes

I feel like if mass Rez had been slightly tweaked when it was considered a problem that needed to be more balanced, mercy would’ve never been a must pick for so many months only to have a small period of not a must pick before becoming must pick once again.
Newer supports like Moira and Brigitte would’ve had their own roles they could fill (brig is being pushed out of the meta by mercy and Zen and their raw pocketing powers) and they could be played just as much as mercy.
I do think Lucio needed a bit of a boostio and Ana still has some unaddressed problems but at least the dev team is trying to make mercy not a must pick again. I just don’t think that’s possible with Rez being so powerful and on a cooldown.
I’m still sticking with the game, some of my favs are not so strong right now, like junkrat and Moira so I’m taking a break, but I’m hoping blizzard can still fix this.

7 Likes

I think they need to come to terms with Valkarie was a good (and interesting) addition but for all their efforts, rez will always be in that ‘impossible to balance’ situation whilst it remains an ability on cool-down.

Nothing needs to deleted as such - just move Valkarie to be a standard ability but toned right down (5 seconds duration, remove the uninterruptable regen) and then tweak rez (or mass rez) however you want to as an ultimate ability.

It’d make the hero so much more interesting to play again and give the balance team way more to work with.

15 Likes

It’s so good to see that someone really does understand. I never really lashed out at anyone else in the community because I knew that it wasn’t worth it. All I’ve done is provide my input, and hope that Blizzard would decide to make the right choice. But instead of that, they messed with Mercy’s core gameplay. What a joke.

10 Likes

Well, for everyone except Symm at least. Symm just needs a buff on her primary faster and to be able to place teleporter faster and she’s good.

2 Likes

They removed her lock on, which… Ruined the game for some people.

It was a core part of her gameplay, and… i’ll never forget it.
And i don’t just mean it “Ruined the game” For them, it literally made it so certain people couldn’t play anymore. :confused:

15 Likes

I agree on that, and i wouldn’t mind that lone aspect of her being reverted, since it did alienate a lot of her players.

But beyond her primary fire, you can’t deny she is better overall and not really that bad. Hers was pretty much the only rework that wasn’t a complete failure.

I’m inclined to agree somewhat, but I didn’t create this thread to debate reworks. Lets keep this thread on topic as much as possible. The community needs to come together and realize that a lot of our frustration does have a source, and it’s NOT other gamers; it’s Blizzard.

12 Likes

I felt so horrible about that… I knew that there were players who were disabled but also wanted to be able to damage that would play her. They could have nerfed her damage a little, or made her lock-on similar to Moira’s, but… They didn’t listen to the community.

7 Likes

I think what the problem here isnt mainly the balance team.
What the problem is “balance” itself is a very destructive progress.
If we have almost no changes I think people will adapt to the meta and kinda accept it like Bastion
But when we all want every hero really more use, it always bring chaos.

I am neutral at this problem. Change can be good but also very bad

1 Like

37 Likes

I’d say the latest Zarya changes are the most recent. They’re making Graviton Super unreliable (in that it’ll barely grab anyone) as a response to the combo GravDragon becoming more common, rather than addressing the problem itself in any major way (that being Hanzo himself, and the buffs that caused his dominance in the first place, that was caused by, you guessed it, the Devs).

And what’s the “compensation”? Slightly decreased charge decay, which means a TINY BIT faster ult gain.

What’s the point of getting ult faster if the Ultimate itself is unreliable?

That’s like giving Genji 15% faster ult gain at the cost of only being able to swing your Dragonblade twice per ultimate. Hardly a fair “buff” tradeoff for the nerf.

I went out of my to avoid getting Sombra’s golden gun, because i knew the Devs were ruining her, in favor of getting Zarya’s since i knew she was balanced and should not have been getting changes or nerfs any time soon.

And what did Blizzard do? Decide they’re gonna ruin her as well.

I just don’t understand why they’d nerf a balanced hero. Who’s next? Soldier? Zenyatta? Pharah? Orisa? Reinhardt?

Nah, they’ll probably just go after Mercy or Sombra again, like always.

9 Likes