What people don't understand about the Mercy Nerf

No, I don’t. This is your opinion, and it isn’t a very good one.

To be clear: you spent 100 hours learning one character, you KNEW that there was a character in the game that could contribute the same or better with one click (at least I’m assuming what you were trying to say with “a staff that literally holds one click”), and you still decided to stick with that first character?

I’d love to see this logic applied to other areas of life.

“I SPENT 100 HOURS CONSTRUCTING THIS ELABORATE SYSTEM OF WINCHES, LEVERS, AND PULLEYS JUST TO GET TO THE TOP OF THIS SKYSCRAPER AND YOU’RE TELLING ME SOMEBODY CAN JUST GET TO THE TOP OF WITH JUST ONE CLICK OF AN ELEVATOR BUTTON? I FIND THAT OFFENSIVE!!!”

4 Likes

in b4 the “just switch heroes LUL 4head”

Where’s my vodka, I need to take some shots.

4 Likes

My impression of OP: “I WORKED REALLY HARD AT SOMETHING AND EVERYBODY SHOULD CARE ABOUT IT AND ITS NOT FAIR MY LITTLE SISTER IS BETTER THAN ME!!! RAWRRRRRRR!!!” (rips shirt Alex Jones-style)

5 Likes

‘as an ana player I just wanna feel relevant’ is all I just read. Vanilla support player at its finest right here.

1 Like

I’ve linked this way too much :joy::

3 Likes

This is toxic garbage and you should be embarrassed you posted it.

Mercy ABSOLUTELY should be viable. ALL CHARACTERS SHOULD BE VIABLE.

You sound like a bratty child. “My main was bad before so yours should be too”

No. Grow up.

8 Likes

If you asked the dev’s Ana wasn’t;

By her nerfs.

She was;

Because of the meta shifting to Dive. The devs constantly stated that Ana wasn’t weak she just was an easy target to Dive.

MERCY wasn’t even part of Dive until her rework.

Mercy should still be viable. EVERY HERO SHOULD BE VIABLE.

The fact that people are saying “This hero can’t be viable here is because…potatoes (IDFK)” is just, dumb.

NO Mercy shouldn’t overshadow the supports, but she should be just as viable as any other. She should have her niches.

And NO to prop up another hero like Pharah/Widow/Hanzo IS NOT A NICHE. It’s not making MERCY VIABLE it’s making that other hero MORE viable.

1 Like

You describe that as a bad thing, but then think others should be fine with it? If you didn’t like Ana in bad shape, why do you think people would want Mercy to be there?

4 Likes

What you need to understand that learning Ana is being able to fully utilize her entire kit. Not just healing. Mercy should be able to outheal Ana because she’s a dedicated healer, not a jack of all trades like Ana is. The problem is that Mercy’s current build relies more on dmg boost and rez for value. No one is asking for mercy to be better than ana, people are asking for her power to go back to healing.

Ofc you don’t.

I already smell bias.

Ok? And? That doesn’t mean Mercy should get treated the same.

Nope. She’s consistently been a throw pick before invulnerability.

I mean, how many main healers existed at the time?

This is rich. It’s quite obvious that you don’t understand anything about the topic at hand. You just want Mercy to be a throw pick lol.

What you have to understand is Mercy SHOULDN’T be weaker than other supports. All supports should be equally viable.

You chose to play a mechanically challenging hero. That’s on you. Mercy should still have the same viability as Ana though. Why? Because balancing with mechanical skill in mind adds bias to the equation. Why should I play x if y is way better? Also, I find it offensive that you are calling Mercy a pidgeon.

Statistically, nope. You’re very wrong.

Not according to statistics. Gee, this is a whole load of misinformed.

TL;DR
How dare you play Mercy in high ranks?

This post is making me start to question what your rank is.

Then you shouldn’t have a problem climbing with her.

Think again.

6 Likes

Oof. Just realised that the 3 people who liked this thread are common Mercy haters. Except Lynn. Lol, don’t even think she read the thread in question.

2 Likes

Wooohoo there pal, you had to kick that hornet nest, didn’t ya?

1 Like

I think a competitive game is one where every person goes in with an equal chance at winning, and the one that comes out on top is the one that met all opponents and defeated them through their own talent. Rather than one where their opponents skills are downgraded until they don’t matter so that a particular type of person automatically wins before the match even begins.

So I think all the heroes should be equally viable and the one that you choose should be based on your own skill set.

But that’s just me.

This is a mediocre troll with mediocre bait. There is no point arguing with this guy as he wallows in his sense of entitlement. Just turn back.

7 Likes

Hint: You don’t need to fully quote a post, just post a link to it and the forum will show a preview

:smiley: Most people don’t bother clicking links and arrows.

Never mind that this statement is a plain lie during triple tank as well as dive, this statement here:

is pure stupidity

What you are saying is “Heroes with low skill floor should not be able to outperform those with high skill floor”

Idiotic. The skill floor does not affect the skill ceiling of a hero.

76 has a low skill floor. You wanna see if you can do the same things Dafran does?

Rein has a low skill floor. Does that somehow explain why Reinhardt is so popular in higher ranks? Or do you think Reinhardt is in a horrible spot and should be outperformed by Wrecking ball?

The comparison isn’t even right because different heroes have different purposes. If you think Mercy, a mobile mid-line healer with damage boost, should be outperformed by Ana, a slow long-range healer with anti nade, then I guess you think Oranges are better than Apples because they are orange and apples are red?

3 Likes

So… that is supposed to be everything she should be good for? Being a pocket healer for a single target?
You shouldn’t take your obvious Bias against Mercy and try to use it as an argument

Esspecially when you’re getting your fact THIS wrong because of it.

Sorry. I drank it all.