What "niche" Really Means

A “niche” hero is one that is barely as good as all the other heroes, in very specific situations.

14 Likes

Niche” hero is the one that needs to be looked into by balancing team, thanks :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Except in high level play niche heros like Torb and Sym are not “almost as good” in any situation lol

1 Like

Niche is an excuse to leave heroes in a bad state.

21 Likes

That’s the joke. He’s saying that when people call heroes niche, it’s just a synonym for them being bad.

5 Likes

There is Tracer, Genji and D.Va, then the rest of the roster which fits in specific situations and compositions in this game, if you know what I mean.

I cannot believe they are still fine with this.

3 Likes

in the world of Ecology…

4 Likes

I think, as a community, if we consider heroes niche then they have to excel in that area. To put it short, where are Torb and Sym better run than a Tracer and Zen when all players skill levels are equal?

That said some of the generalists may need to be tuned down a bit, since it’s obvious heroes like D.Va and Tracer do the jobs of other heroes better.

2 Likes

I learned it this way first so I got really confused wondering what niche they were referring to.

1 Like

Yes, this exactly. lol

pharah is a niche hero

do you think she needs a buff?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

A hero, that in favourable map conditions, can be utilized effectively.

Bastion - Junkertown
Rein/Zarya - Certain KOTH Maps
Hanzo - Kings Row

For example.

still unsure why every hero needs to be a permarun, game is about adjustments and not one tricking

I think your selective memory could use a buff.

OP’s argument is actually the reverse of that. He’s more decrying the strength of generalists who are effective in literally every situation to the point where they often outclass niche heroes who should excel in that particular one.

1 Like

that’s nice, even cooler how you deleted your post earlier just to repost it

i wish you’d contribute to the topic or at least answer the question though; you’re not arguing whether or not being niche is a problem or not when the other posters below you are critical of super generalist heroes

A “niche” hero is one the devs don’t like quite as much as they like the other ones.

2 Likes

You are not denying what I said pal.

Very Very Specific Situation to the point that, the non-niche heroes are better to run in those situation anyways. Which is sad :broken_heart:

3 Likes