What kinds of mousepads do you guys use?

Just curious here; what kind of mousepads do you guys use? How many of you just use any old pad? How many of you have gone down the mousepad rabbit hole? What types of surfaces do you prefer? Do you guys clean your pads? Let’s discuss!

Hard Plastic with a rough surface.

1 Like

No mousepad. I’m a feral beast. Straight onto the formica finish of the desk. Raw.

6 Likes

I’ve tried mouse pads but I’ve been lowering my sensitivity lately, and it got to the point where I started being distracted worrying about whether or not my hand was going to slide off the pad… so I just stopped using it.

I can get by because I play on what is essentially a large kitchen table that I treat like a desk so there’s plenty of space to rest my arms and slide the mouse around when needed.

Now that I’ve gone so long without, I sometimes wonder if they’re even entirely necessary. I can see how someone might like to have one that charges their wireless mouse or something fancy like that… but I guess I’m just not there yet.

I bought a large mousepad off Wish with 2Bs butt on it.

I do clean it ocasionally when the cheeto duat gets too thick.

2 Likes

I have a buddy who makes custom mousepads and I got three off him all of differing textures.

One is a picture of Midgar, another a picture of D.Va and the last one a picture of A2 from NieR: Automata. The Midgar one is the smoothest out of the three.

1 Like

Razer Atlas tempered glass mousepad. Absolutely love it.

1 Like

Same actually! Use it and love it! Though I wish there were a larger version to be honest. If they made a version just as big as the Pulsar Superglide XXL, I would be ecstatic.

1 Like

That would be one freaking huge hunk of glass :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a 71 inch wide desk! (Though granted my keyboard would take up a large portion of the pad space anyway).

2 Likes

Gieco mousepad.
20 characters

1 Like

I respect it, but I roll with Progressive.

2 Likes

X-ray aqua control+ with a custom print on it

1 Like

Ive grown to enjoy my 10keyless keyboard. Saves a lot of space on buttons I largely wouldnt use anyways. I thought about dropping the F keys too but kept them mostly for Diablo 2.

1 Like

I have a soft one with a rubber back. It’s the old Overwatch one that was available on the Blizzard store a long while ago.

2 Likes

Big cloth ones with the rubber backing, I have to get a replacement every 2-4 months as they noticeably slow down. Cleaning doesn’t help though I’ve tried many times, it’s just the fibers themselves end up getting micro tears and no longer glides smoothly.

1 Like

Ive been considering going down to 60% or 75% layout, but I really like my numpad. I think eventually I’ll just decide to get over it and let it go, but I’m not quite there yet. For now I just compensate by moving my keyboard really far to the left and tilting it slightly.

1 Like

Recently made the switch from a cloth Steel Series XL mousepad to a polyester Artisan Hien Soft XL pad. Been using Steel Series pads for years, and decided it was time to venture out and try other options.

I genuinely feel like I perform so much better with the polyester pad. Never realized before how much the material matters in mousepads.

1 Like

Some hard plastic thing from BestBuy. Use an old book as a wrist rest.

1 Like

I use a desk mat, and i usually get mine from etsy, of stuff i am interested in at the time… Which my last mat was some fan made kiriko portrait

1 Like